Subject: [BLISS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:46:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Call Completion for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Dale R. Worley
                          Martin Huelsemann
                          Roland Jesske
                          Denis Alexeitsev
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-12.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-11-14

   The call completion feature defined in this specification allows the
   caller of a failed call to be notified when the callee becomes
   available to receive a call.

   For the realization of a basic solution without queuing, this
   document references the usage of the dialog event package (RFC 4235)
   that is described as &#39;automatic redial&#39; in the SIP Service Examples
   (RFC 5359).

   For the realization of a more comprehensive solution with queuing ,
   this document introduces an architecture for implementing these
   features in the Session Initiation Protocol where &quot;Call completion&quot;
   implementations associated with the caller&#39;s and callee&#39;s endpoints
   cooperate to place the caller&#39;s request for call completion into a
   queue at the callee&#39;s endpoint, and when a caller&#39;s request is ready
   to be serviced, re-attempt of the original, failed call is made.

   The architecture is designed to interoperate well with existing call-
   completion solutions in other networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-12.txt