Subject: [BLISS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-11.txt> (Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:35:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Basic Level of Interoperability
for SIP Services WG (bliss) to consider the following document:
- 'Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of
   Record (AOR)'
  <draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
   group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
   (BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
   Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as shared appearances of an Address
   of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.  This
   feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
   offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
   SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This feature
   allows several user agents (UAs) to share a common AOR, learn about
   calls placed and received by other UAs in the group, and pick up or
   join calls within the group.  This document discusses use cases,
   lists requirements and defines extensions to implement this feature.
   This specification updates RFC3261 and RFC4235.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1157/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1175/