Subject: [bmwg] [Fwd: dsmterm status]

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:51:43 -0500

The astute agenda watchers at the BMWG session in Minneapolis noticed
a resequencing of agenda items; the chair SHOULD HAVE noticed that 
one of the agenda items was dropped, post reordering.

My humble apologies to Mr. Perser and those wishing to address
a discussion of <draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-02.txt> status.

Please find below the points Jerry would have made...

-Kevin

-------- Original Message --------

Kevin,

Here is the status of the dsmterm-03 that I would like reflected in the
minutes:

The authors reviewed version 03 of the dsmterm before submitting it to
the
RFC editor.  The general consensus among the authors was there is still
some
work to be done to make the draft unambiguous.  Version 03 is being
delayed
to include this work.  There are three areas where the draft can be
improved.

1. The delay and jitter definitions are being moved before the vector
definition.

2. Delay Vector and Jitter Vector definition are being split into the
individual instantaneous, average, etc. definitions.  It was decided one
metric to a definition.

3. The test sequence number and sequence vector hint at the concept of
packet arriving in a different order than was transmitted.  A clear
definition on how to count this different sequence will be added.

Jerry. 

___________________________________________________________ 
Jerry Perser           Phone: 818.676.2320 
SmartLab Manager       Lab:   818.676.2337 
Netcom Systems Inc.    Fax:   818.880.9165 
26750 Agoura Road      Corp:  818.676.2300 
Calabasas, CA, 91302   Pager: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg