Subject: [bmwg] Bechmarking methology of basic OSPF convergence

From: bmwgeuro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:03:25 +0200

Hi,

i need information and test result about the Bechmarking methodology for bacic OSPF Convergence.

Thanks,

Igor

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:04:34 -0400

Hi Igor,

I am not sure which implementation you want the results for.

We have done tests on our implementation, however I am not sure we can
disclose it. Similar tests done on Cisco are however at the page: -
Experience in Black-box OSPF Measurement 
http://www.research.att.com/%7Ealbert/papers/sigcom-imw01/mes-ws01-paper.pdf

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: bmwgeuro [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 18:33
To: bmwg
Subject: [bmwg] Bechmarking methology of basic OSPF convergence

Hi,

i need information and test result about the Bechmarking methodology for
bacic OSPF Convergence.

Thanks,

Igor

---

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:04:34 -0400

Hi Igor,

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: bmwgeuro [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 18:33
To: bmwg
Subject: [bmwg] Bechmarking methology of basic OSPF convergence

Hi,

Thanks,

Igor

---

From: Scott Poretsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:10:22 -0400

Igor,

Do you want convergence time as observed by network customers?  The 
referenced paper below  deals with only a few components of the overall 
convergence time for a single router.  That is why you see results in 
milliseconds presented.  Of course, under network conditions, network 
customers observe IGP convergence times in seconds and BGP convergence 
times in tens of seconds.  It would be great to have a single source on the 
web to compare convergence time for various routers, but there is not.  You 
could ask your vendor, but chances are you will get a number under optimum 
conditions that are not realistic for your network.  The best way to obtain 
convergence times is to measure it in your lab under your simulated network 
conditions.

Scott

---

From: Scott Poretsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:10:22 -0400

Igor,

Scott