Subject: [bmwg] Comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-00.txt

From: Thomas Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:04:20 +0200

Here are some comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-00.txt.

The draft is focusing mainly on convergence time when things break. It may 
also be interesting to study the convergence time when traffic goes from 
backup path to preferred path.

An interesting test case is when ECMP is used on the SUT and we want to 
benchmark convergence time. I do not think that the current methodology 
will work for this case because some traffic will go over the "backup path" 
as well. This could be fixed by measuring the traffic on the "prefered 
path" and when this traffic is rerouted to the "backup path" calculate 
convergence time based on that. I am not sure however is if is possible to 
produce comparable results when using ECMP ? (I guess it somewhat 
implementation dependent function).

Thomas

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg