Subject: [bmwg] Is the BMWG a proper home for this I-D?

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:18:18 -0500

Supporters of the BMWG:

A [long] while back, Russ White approached the BMWG with an individually 
submitted I-D
that presented considerations when measuring network convergence:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt

The draft seeks to highlight: ...considerations that testers should be 
aware of when
attempting to measure network convergence using various methods. 
(Adapted from the I-D's
abstract.)

Not being a pure terminology or methodological statement, or 
constraining itself to
laboratory evaluations, the topic might not be a perfect fit as BMWG 
output.  On the
other hand, the community might benefit from memo on this topic.

Please offer your comments in two dimensions: a) does the topic merit 
future effort, and
b) is the BMWG the best home for this effort (as opposed to another WG 
or progressing the
work as an Individually submitted I-D)?  (You might have to read the WG 
Charter to determine
part B. :-)

Please offer your input directly to this list.

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg