Subject: RE: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-02. txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:15:41 -0500

BMWG-ers,

Changes to Terminology Document from 01 to 02:
1. Add a period of time to verify that the Full Frame Rate is maintained and
there is no fluctuation.  This will verify that Full Convergence is reached
and maintained. (section 3.8)

2. Change the definition of the term Rate-Derived Convergence Time to use
Full Frame Rate instead of Packet Loss (section 3.9)

3. Add term Stale Forwarding.  Commonly used for convergence events,
referred to in this work, but not defined. (section 3.21)

4. Re-sequence all terms for better flow with usage within the document.

5.  Add clarification that  convergence time approaches infinity in the case
that the DUT never achieves Full Convergence.  (section 3.9)

6.  Add specific recommendation for use of benchmark terms Rate-Derived
Convergence Time or Loss-Derived Converence Time without use of "slopes"
(section 3.12).

Please let us know of any further recommended changes or any questions.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 3:43 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Terminology for Benchmarking IGP Data Plane Route
Convergence
	Author(s)	: S. Poretsky
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-02.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2004-1-20
	
This draft describes the terminology for benchmarking IGP Route 
Convergence.  The motivation and applicability for this 
benchmarking is provided in [1].  The methodology to be used for 
this benchmarking is described in [2].  The methodology and 
terminology to be used for benchmarking route convergence can be 
applied to any link-state IGP such as ISIS [3] and OSPF [4].  The 
data plane is measured to obtain the convergence benchmarking metrics.  
The purpose of this document is to introduce new terms required to 
complete execution of the IGP Route Convergence Methodology [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-
02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:15:41 -0500

BMWG-ers,

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 3:43 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE