Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call: Removal of FIB Benchmarking Methodology from the BMWG Goals

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:53:47 -0500

This is an action item from the BMWG meeting at the 58th IETF.

When originally undertaken, the FIB performance benchmarking effort was 
considered a critical,
constituent component of the convergence benchmarking body of work.

Subsequent WG support for the FIB benchmarking methodology document has 
been underwhelming.
The last known state of the FIB Benchmarking Methodology draft can be 
found here:

    http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-bmwg-fib-meth-01.txt

Commentary from its most recent last call can be found here:
 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/bmwg/current/msg00477.html

Please voice your opinion as to whether or not you feel it is critical 
for the BMWG to support
this work.  Send your comments to this list or to the 
chairs.([email-masked], [email-masked])

If you would like serve as the editor for this effort, please indicate 
your desire to the
chairs.

This WG Last Call period will extend through 02 Feb 04.  At the end of 
the period, the chairs
will make a recommendation to the ADs, based on the WG's input AND the 
ability to identify
a document editor.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: Jeffrey Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:42:22 -0500

Dear Kevin and BMWGers,

I would like to see this work be brought to fruition.  It seems to be
directly within the purview of the BMWG charter.  Further, it can serve
as a unifying document for the other routing protocol benchmarking
documents (much like RFC 2544).

Best Regards,

Jeff

>Kevin Dubray wrote:

---

From: Jeffrey Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:42:22 -0500

Dear Kevin and BMWGers,

Best Regards,

Jeff