Subject: [bmwg] Authors Action Items to Comments for draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-datapla ne-conv-***-02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:56:26 -0400

BMWG-ers,

Thanks very much to Brooks Hickman and  Robert Holley for their thorough
reviews of the Terminology document and to Tanju Cataltepe and Al Morton for
their thorough reviews of the Terminology and Methodology documents.  For
the sake of all BMWG participants I have consolidated and paraphrased their
comments for review.  Please let me know if you have additional or follow-up
comments.  The changes agreed to below will be submitted in 03 revisions
prior to the deadline for San Diego.  In addition, Bob Holley made further
comments that I will address in a separate email to follow shortly.

Scott
#################

TERMINOLOGY
General Comment - Al
Run IGP Draft Nits Tool. - Action Item ACCEPTED  

General Comment - Robert
Make capitalization of terms consistent. - Action Item ACCEPTED  

Section 1 Al and Robert (same comment)
Reformat Figure 1 in Introduction so that it displays AND prints correctly.
- Action Item ACCEPTED  

Section 3.1 
Tanju
Change definition of Convergence Event to be in terms of the externally
observable data plane. - Action Item ACCEPTED

Robert
Add 'Configuration Change to Convergence Event's list of example causes and
clarify 'better next-hop' as learned through receipt of a protocol update.
- Action Item ACCEPTED  

Section 3.2 Robert
Change Network Convergence so that it is not "approximated to the sum of
Route Convergence for all routers" since this approximation is too large and
Network Convergence is not yet defined. - Action Item ACCEPTED.  Is it
acceptable to swap the order of appearance for Route Convergence and Network
Convergence?  Instead of 'approximated to' is it acceptable to state
'bounded by'?

Section 3.5 Brooks
Question - Does the definition of Convergence Packet Loss include packets
that were lost and packets that were delayed due to buffering? -YES

Section 3.6 Tanju and Brooks (same comment)
Change definition of Convergence Event Instant to relate better to
Convergence Event as a data plane event. - Action Item ACCEPTED

Section 3.7 Brooks
Change discussion of Convergence Recovery Instant to explain external
observation of Full Convergence. - Action Item ACCEPTED

Section 3.14 Al
Change definition of Packet Sampling Interval to be an 'interval' while
providing comment about its use to determine 'rate'.  - Action Item ACCEPTED

Section 3.18 Brooks
Change definition of Preferred Egress Interface to be in terms of data plane
- Action Item ACCEPTED

Section 3.19 Brooks
Change definition of Next-Best Egress Interface to be in terms of data plane
- Action Item ACCEPTED

METHODOLOGY
General Comment - Al
Run IGP Draft Nits Tool - Action Item ACCEPTED  

Section 3.1 Al
Spell out ECMP - Action Item ACCEPTED

Section 3.2.3 Tanju
Expand discussion of IGP Route Scaling to include multiple areas and levels.
- Action Item ACCEPTED.  One question, Should the specific tests be
performed for a single area/level?  

Section 3.2.6 Tanju
Add not to the Offered Load that traffic must be sent to destinations
matching all IGP routes. - Action Item ACCEPTED.  

Section 3.3 Al
Provide Reporting Format for normalization when Recommended Values cannot be
used. - Action Item ACCEPTED. Excellent suggestion, but a this time it is
unknown to the authors how 'cleanly' this can be accomplished.  We will make
a concerted attempt at it.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg