Subject: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-ebgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Methodology for Benchmarking Accelerated
                          Stress with Operational EBGP Instabilities
	Author(s)	: S. Poretsky, S. Rao
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-ebgp-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
   Routers in an operational network are simultaneously configured with 
   multiple protocols and security policies while forwarding traffic and 
   being managed.  To accurately benchmark a router for deployment it is 
   necessary that the router be tested in these simultaneous operational 
   conditions, which is known as Stress Testing.  This document provides 
   the Methodology for performing Stress Benchmarking of networking 
   devices when subjected to instability with eBGP-4.  Descriptions of 
   Test Topology, Benchmarks and Reporting Format are provided in 
   addition to procedures for conducting various test cases.  This 
   methodology is based upon the accelerated stress methodology 
   guidelines [6] and is to be used with the companion terminology 
   document [4]. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-ebgp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-ebgp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-ebgp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg