Subject: The Art Deco-style Convention Hall was the centerpiece of Philly's original convention center and a primary civic venue for decades.

From: Mcginnis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:22:00 +0800

OTC-Advisors.com and bullishalrets.com Issue Watch Alert On SZSN

Shandong Zhouyuan Seed and Nursery Co., Ltd (SZSN)
$0.33 UP 37.5%

Market watchers are already alerting investors that SZSN in on the rise
and moving fast. Read the news and get on SZSN first thing Monday
morning!

Convention Hall is still intact, however, save for the ongoing interior
demolition and salvage, and I don't believe the asbestos removal is
completed there yet - that buys a little time. Save Convention Hall!

A legislative assistant representing Councilman-at-large David Cohen
also appeared to voice opposition.

At that same year's Democratic convention, Hubert Humphrey gave a
landmark civil rights speech that caused the 'dixiecrats' to split from
the party.
The proceedings are well detailed in a Thom Nickels article in the
Weekly Press. King is also part of Convention Hall's diverse tapestry of
history.

At this fifth, and probably final, session of the hearing, appellants
against the demolition will finish presenting their case and other
private citizens may speak and present statements as well.

The Zoning Board of Adjustments hearing did begin as scheduled, however,
with most of the first session taken up by Graham Wyatt, the lead
designer for Wheeler's condo tower, from Robert A. Court of Common Pleas
Judge Albert W.

But when we're talking about obliterating almost entire blocks of
historic and contributing buildings in an historic district, I think we
need to err on the side of preservation.
Carrafiello last month, more recently the state Supreme Court okayed the
zoning variances for this same Philadelphia Parking Authority garage and
cinema project. Besides attending, you can also write a letter to the
ZBA or submit your comments to individual board members via the online
ZBA faxbank at www. The task force  includes former Planning Commission
Chairman Gary Hack and John Gallery, Executive Director of the
Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia. com today, after someone
posted a link in a Mummers discussion group on MSN. The Committee to
Save Convention Hall cites the following overview of the significance,
character, and value of the Convention Hall in asking that Penn consider
all options for adaptive reuse.
Salvage contractors have already removed much of the interior trim and
fixtures, most of which will be shipped out of town and sold. Your
letter, submitted online to our fax bank, will reach two dozen elected
officials.

The enclosed letter was sent to Governor Edward G. Your involvement is
essential. We urge you to call or write to as many public officials as
you can; here is a list in plain text format with addresses, phone and
fax numbers.
UPDATE: At the conclusion of today's hearing, Judge Carrafiello gave the
parties until Tuesday to submit supplemental briefs and said he intends
to announce his decision by the end of next week.

Convention Hall, designed by Philadelphia architect Philip H.
Clarke,  David  Cohen,  Frank  DiCicco,  W.
Howard, whose rousing oratory led President Truman, as a political
maneuver, to sign executive orders, a few days later, abolishing Jim
Crow regulations in the US military and federal bureaucracy. It is hoped
that the University will be willing to discuss incorporating these parts
of Convention Hall intact into their proposed, but not yet designed,
Center for Advanced Medicine.

Some rights reserved.

A brief excerpt of the letter appears in PW today.

When you rip out groups of buildings wholesale you ruin the overall
historic context of the urban landscape and take away from the soul of
the city.