Subject: Re: [bmwg] Review comments for draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-01.txt

From: David Freedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:29:34 +0000

Just a small comment, after seeing the slides in Quebec, with the size table, how does this scale? Do people keep adding sizes to the table? If we have MTU, why not just also include some variants (1/2 MTU, 1/4 MTU etc..) this way, working with odd or extremely large sizes is possible.

Dave.

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:05:08 -0400

Hi David,

At 02:29 PM 7/28/2011, David Freedman
wrote:

Just a small comment, after seeing the slides in Quebec, with the
size table, how does this scale? Do people keep adding sizes to the
table?

Except for the "Jumbo" sizes we've just proposed,

this is the table for the sizes that we've specified

and used since the dawn of bmwg. We expect that all

test equipment will have these sizes available. Folks could propose

additional sizes with a strong rationale, but for sizes

that an individual wants to use in a specific test we

have section 4.

If we have MTU, why not just also include some variants (1/2 MTU, 1/4
MTU etc..) this way, working with odd or extremely large sizes is
possible.

See if this Custom section addresses your need:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-bmwg-imix-genome-02#section-4

Al