Subject: [bmwg] Adoption of Router/Basic BGP Convergence Drafts

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:25:09 -0400

BMWG,

We (still) have a charter item on BGP Convergence:

Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology to IESG Review
(overdue)

Over the last year or so, we've discussed two drafts that

will help to satisfy the milestone.  We've also seen some results of

implementation and testing at our last face2face session.

The two drafts are:

Convergence benchmarking on contemporary routers

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-varlashkin-router-conv-bench-00.txt

Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data Plane
Convergence

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-papneja-bgp-basic-dp-convergence-03

The combination of these drafts address both the milestone
and

issues with non-convergence path restoration that has come-up

in IESG comments in the past.

Therefore, I now ask whether the working group members feel we

should adopt these as WG drafts. So:

1. Please Read the Drafts by July 19th, 2012.

2. Respond with your review, and

3. give your impressions on whether they are sufficiently clear in their

approach and direction, such that we can complete them in a timely

fashion in the working group.

That's it!

regards,

Al

bmwg chair