Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:36:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RFC 2544 Applicability Statement: Use on Production Networks Considered Harmful
	Author(s)       : Scott Bradner
                          Kevin Dubray
                          Jim McQuaid
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-06-12

Abstract:
   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) has been developing key
   performance metrics and laboratory test methods since 1990, and
   continues this work at present.  Recent application of the methods
   beyond their intended scope is cause for concern.  The methods
   described in RFC 2544, where overload is a possible outcome, would no
   doubt be harmful to user traffic performance on a production network.
   This memo clarifies the scope of RFC 2544 and other benchmarking work
   for the IETF community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/