Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 08:08:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Methodology for Benchmarking SIP Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : Carol Davids
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Scott Poretsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-11-08

Abstract:
   This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) performance as described in SIP
   benchmarking terminology document.  The methodology and terminology
   are to be used for benchmarking signaling plane performance with
   varying signaling and media load.  Both scale and establishment rate
   are measured by signaling plane performance.  The SIP Devices to be
   benchmarked may be a single device under test (DUT) or a system under
   test (SUT).  Benchmarks can be obtained and compared for different
   types of devices such as SIP Proxy Server, SBC, and server paired
   with a media relay or Firewall/NAT device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/