Subject: [bmwg] Liaison Reply to MEF on Service Activation

From: "Al Morton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:47:46 -0400

BMWG,

At our last meeting, we discussed an in-coming liaison from MEF,
Approved Draft #2 for Service Activation Testing Technical Specification,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1177/

There were no comments on this document at the meeting, nor comments on the 
mailing list in the interim period. If anyone has comments, please make them
known on the mailing list ASAP (in less than 2 weeks).

In my review, I noticed a reference to RFC 2544 in the reference section,
so I propose we make the following text the basis for our response 
(assuming there are no other comments).  This gives us the opportunity
to point-out the recently clarified scope of RFC 2544.

regards,
Al
bmwg chair

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

To: MEF

Thank you for your liaison. In review of your draft, it was noticed that
there
is a reference listed:

[2] IETF RFC 2544, Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices,
March 1999.

However, no citation of [2] was found in a scan of the text.

This is as it should be, and it is consistent with the recently approved
Internet Draft:

RFC 2544 Applicability Statement:
Use on Production Networks Considered Harmful
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-08

We recommend that you remove reference list item [2] from your text.

regards,
Al Morton
bmwg chair