Subject: [bmwg] In Service Software Upgrade Draft

From: "Banks, Sarah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:25:57 -0500

Hello BMWG,
	The ISSU draft is in a pretty solid state, from the authors point of
view. We wanted to solicit a bit of feedback, and make sure we've covered
all bases. There was some discussion around the authors as to adding some
text around timers and counters in the draft - do you trust the DUT?
Should you confirm these outside of the DUT? Etc. Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Sarah & Fernando & Gery

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 08:16:53 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: bmwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Banks, Sarah
...
> Should you confirm these outside of the DUT? Etc. Thoughts?

I gave this topic some thought last week:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-bmwg-virtual-net-01#section-4.2

   ... external observations remain essential as the
   basis for Benchmarks.  Internal observations with fixed specification
   and interpretation may be provided in parallel, to assist the
   development of operations procedures when the technology is deployed,
   for example.  Internal metrics and measurements from Open Source
   implementations may be the only direct source of performance results
   in a desired dimension, but corroborating external observations are
   still required to assure the integrity of measurement discipline was
   maintained for all reported results.

This text is new and isn't agreed yet, it's my thoughts on the topic.
Al
(as a participant)