Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:06:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their Infrastructure
        Author          : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-06-02

Abstract:
   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has traditionally conducted
   laboratory characterization of dedicated physical implementations of
   internetworking functions.  This memo investigates additional
   considerations when network functions are virtualized and performed
   in commodity off-the-shelf hardware.

   Version NOTES:

   Addressed Barry Constantine's comments throughout the draft, see:

   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/bmwg/current/msg03167.html

   AND, comments from the extended discussion during IETF-92 BMWG
   session:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/