Subject: [bmwg] Benchmarking Methodology for SDN Controller Performance - Updated Draft Version

From: "Bhuvan \(Veryx Technologies\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:52:59 +0530

Dear BMWG Members,

We have updated the draft
(draft-bhuvan-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-00
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhuvan-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-
00> ) about SDN Controller benchmarking addressing comments received in
IETF-92 meeting. Thank you very much for providing your valuable comments.
The latest draft can be found in
draft-bhuvan-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-01
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhuvan-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-
01> 

Summary of Changes:

a.       Updated test setup diagram following the comment from Scott
Bradner.

b.      Added recommendations for test topology, test iterations etc., to
use for benchmarking.

c.       Provided reference test topologies.

d.      Split Path Provisioning tests into two different tests - Proactive
and Reactive Path Provisioning tests.

e.      Provided more clarity on test procedure for some of the tests.

f.        Fixed IETF normative language usage.

We would love to hear any comments and queries on the same.

Thanks,

Authors