Subject: [bmwg] RFC 7747 on Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for Data-Plane Convergence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7747

        Title:      Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology 
                    for Data-Plane Convergence 
        Author:     R. Papneja, B. Parise,
                    S. Hares, D. Lee,
                    I. Varlashkin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 65341
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7747

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7747

BGP is widely deployed and used by several service providers as the
default inter-AS (Autonomous System) routing protocol.  It is of
utmost importance to ensure that when a BGP peer or a downstream link
of a BGP peer fails, the alternate paths are rapidly used and routes
via these alternate paths are installed.  This document provides the
basic BGP benchmarking methodology using existing BGP convergence
terminology as defined in RFC 4098.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:06:35 -0400

Congratulations to the authors and the working group!
BGP is one of the work areas BMWG has been pursuing as long
as I can remember, certainly before 2003...

Al
bmwg co-chair

> -----Original Message-----
> From: IETF-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 7747 on Basic BGP Convergence Benchmarking Methodology for
> Data-Plane Convergence
>