Subject: [bmwg] Document Action: 'Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their Infrastructure' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 14:43:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their
   Infrastructure'
  (draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net/

Technical Summary

This draft examines considerations for benchmarking virtualized network
 functions (VNFs) and their supported infrastructure, with consideration 
for general-purpose hardware, and considers benchmarking both physical 
and virtual network functions in the same fashion, allowing for comparison 
between the two, where possible.

Working Group Summary

There has been a fair amount of work done on this draft, and progress 
made on revisions, feedback, and comments. Several presentations have 
been made in the room during IETF meetings, and followup and discussion 
taken to the BMWG list. This draft is particularly useful, given the popularity 
of VNF's within the industry.

Personnel

Sarah Banks is Shepherd, Joel Jaeggli is AD.E AD>.'