Subject: [bmwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking-06.txt> (Benchmarking Methodology for IPv6 Transition Technologies) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:11:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Benchmarking Methodology for IPv6 Transition Technologies'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking-06.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There are benchmarking methodologies addressing the performance of
   network interconnect devices that are IPv4- or IPv6-capable, but the
   IPv6 transition technologies are outside of their scope. This
   document provides complementary guidelines for evaluating the
   performance of IPv6 transition technologies.  More specifically,
   this document targets IPv6 transition technologies that employ
   encapsulation or translation mechanisms, as dual-stack nodes can be
   very well tested using the recommendations of RFC2544 and RFC5180.
   The methodology also includes a metric for benchmarking load
   scalability.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-tran-tech-benchmarking/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.