Subject: [bmwg] RFC 8172 on Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network Functions and Their Infrastructure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:32:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8172

        Title:      Considerations for Benchmarking Virtual Network 
                    Functions and Their Infrastructure 
        Author:     A. Morton
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35594
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-virtual-net-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8172

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8172

The Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has traditionally
conducted laboratory characterization of dedicated physical
implementations of internetworking functions.  This memo investigates
additional considerations when network functions are virtualized and
performed in general-purpose hardware.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC