Subject: [bmwg] Review of draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-07

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:51:16 +0100

Hi,

Min Ye asked me to do a review of
draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-07.

I first have to say I like the fact that the draft has a "sequence
diagram" for each of the test cases in the appendix. This will make it
easier to design test software without forgetting small things or
misinterpreting the text version of the test.

Second, in chapter 5.1.1 you might want to consider that topology
discovery can have transient results that might be (accidentally) the
correct one. Just because the you get the right topology once it
doesn't mean that the algorithm is already in a stable state. I would
suggest keeping the "test three times for same result" also for the
correct topology.

Similar in chapter 5.2.2, it might be good to compare the results of
procedure step 3 and 4... see if they have a different of one of more.
I am not sure if a test result should be just invalid if the
difference is larger or if the difference should recorded in the
results.

Last, the Table of Content link to chapter 3 and the "section 10" link
in chapter 4.1 seem to be broken.

Henning Rogge