Subject: FIB terminology document: other comments

From: "TROTTER,GUY (A-Canada,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:37:22 -0500

Hi all,

These are the other comments that I recall from the bmwg meeting on monday
regarding my draft (draft-ietf-bmwg-fib-term-00.txt).  For the sake of
clarity, these comments are *in addition* to those comments that I already
received from Jerry Perser, and that I've already emailed out to the list.

- indicate that the document covers IPv4 only (does not consider IPv6)
- need to separate "parameters" from "metrics" (in order to not confuse
  the two)
- remove assumptions about router performance or router architecture 
  (except where it clearly helps to describe some of the concepts)
- clarify definition of network prefix
- specify that maximum FIB size is the size over which all entries can 
  and are used to forward traffic

I think these comments, in addition to those from Jerry, just about cover
it.  I'll look forward to the comments from Gabe as well!

Guy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Trotter
Agilent Technologies         phone: +1 604 454 3516
Advanced Networks Division   fax:   +1 604 454 3401
#2500 4710 Kingsway          mailto:[email-masked]
Burnaby, British Columbia    page:  mailto:[email-masked]
V5H 4M2                      yahoo IM: guytrotter
CANADA                       http://www.agilent.com