Subject: [Bridge-mib] RE: [802.1] MSTP MIB

From: [email-masked] (Alex Ruzin)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:46:52 +0200

David,
Thank you, I'll try to use tools from you pointed.
Nevertheless I believe on current stage we should concentrate
our efforts on the structure of the MIB and on the set of objects
to be managed.

With respect, Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: IEEE 802.1 [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of David B
Harrington
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [802.1] MSTP MIB

Hi Alex and all,

The mib module in this document is not in good SMIv2 format, but
rather seems to be a combination of SMIv1 syntax and SMIv2 syntax.
There are better tools available for reviewing SMIv2 syntax. Please
see http://www.ops.ietf.org/mib-review-tools.html for some
suggestions.

Smilint reported the following problems in the syntax of this MIB
module. It would be helpful to get these fixed in the initial revision
so the tools used by other 802.1 reviewers will not have problems with
the MIB.

---
This is an automatically generated mail message in response to a mail
message
you (or someone else who used your address) sent to
<[email-masked]>.
If you want to learn more about this mail service, send a mail message
with
the "Subject: help" to <[email-masked]>.

The program smilint 0.4.3, as of Thu Jun 23 10:41:27 2005
has been used to process your request as follows:

smilint -m -s -e -l 6 MSTP-MIB

MSTP-MIB:24: [3] {revision-missing} revision for last update is
missing
MSTP-MIB:24: [2] {bad-identifier-case} `XXX' should start with a lower
case letter
MSTP-MIB:24: [2] {object-identifier-not-prefix} Object identifier
element `XXX' name only allowed as first element
MSTP-MIB:46: [5] {integer-misuse} warning: use Integer32 instead of
INTEGER in SMIv2
MSTP-MIB:60: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:70: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:91: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:93: [2] {invalid-format} invalid format specification `d'
MSTP-MIB:109: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:110: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:117: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:118: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:125: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:126: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:133: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:134: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:141: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:142: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:149: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:150: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:156: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:157: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:158: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:165: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:166: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:173: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:174: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:207: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:230: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:231: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:242: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:242: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:243: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:252: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:253: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:264: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:264: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:265: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:277: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:278: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:283: [1] {oid-registered} identifier `mstpGenCfgIdDigest'
registers object identifier already registered by
`mstpGenCfgIdRevLevel'
MSTP-MIB:262: [6] {previous-definition} info: previous definition of
`mstpGenCfgIdRevLevel'
MSTP-MIB:289: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:290: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:297: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:297: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:298: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:306: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:307: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:315: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:316: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:328: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:329: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:390: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:392: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:403: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:404: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:422: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:444: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:453: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:507: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortRxCfgBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:515: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortRxRstBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:523: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortRxMstBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:531: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortTxTcnBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:539: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortTxCfgBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:547: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortTxRstBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:555: [2] {sequence-type-mismatch} type of
`mstpPortTxMstBpduCounter' in sequence and object type definition do
not match
MSTP-MIB:569: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:578: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:587: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:593: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:595: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:603: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:611: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:635: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:643: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:647: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:658: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:665: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:667: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:676: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:684: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:692: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:699: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:700: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:708: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:716: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:748: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:749: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:756: [2] {access-in-smiv2} ACCESS is SMIv1 style, use
MAX-ACCESS in SMIv2 MIBs instead
MSTP-MIB:757: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:773: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:775: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:778: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:779: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:781: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:786: [2] {status-invalid-smiv2} invalid status `mandatory' in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:807: [5] {named-numbers-ascending} warning: named numbers not
in ascending order
MSTP-MIB:842: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:858: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:881: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:890: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:900: [2] {basetype-not-imported} SMIv2 base type `Integer32'
must be imported from SNMPv2-SMI
MSTP-MIB:910: [2] {macro-not-imported} macro `NOTIFICATION-TYPE' has
not been imported from module `SNMPv2-SMI'
MSTP-MIB:924: [2] {macro-not-imported} macro `NOTIFICATION-TYPE' has
not been imported from module `SNMPv2-SMI'
MSTP-MIB:940: [2] {macro-not-imported} macro `NOTIFICATION-TYPE' has
not been imported from module `SNMPv2-SMI'
MSTP-MIB:313: [5] {index-element-accessible} warning: index element
`mstpPortIndex' of row `mstpPortEntry' should be not-accessible in
SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:754: [5] {index-element-accessible} warning: index element
`mstpXstPortIndex' of row `mstpXstPortEntry' should be not-accessible
in SMIv2 MIB
MSTP-MIB:910: [3] {notification-object-access} object `mstpXstId' of
notification `mstpNewRootBridge' must not be `not-accessible'
MSTP-MIB:924: [3] {notification-object-access} object `mstpXstId' of
notification `mstpNewRootPort' must not be `not-accessible'
MSTP-MIB:940: [3] {notification-object-access} object `mstpXstId' of
notification `mstpTopologyChange' must not be `not-accessible'
MSTP-MIB:107: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenBridgeMaxAge' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:115: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenBridgeHelloTime' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:123: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenBridgeForwardDelay' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:131: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenMaxAge'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:139: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenHelloTime'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:147: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenForwardDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:155: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenMaxHops'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:163: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenHoldTime'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:171: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenMigrateTime' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:179: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenPathCostDefault' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:197: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenCapable'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:222: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenForceVersion' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:240: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenCfgIdFmtSel' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:250: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpGenCfgIdName'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:262: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenCfgIdRevLevel' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:275: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenCfgIdDigest' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:287: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenReginalRoot' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:295: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpGenExternalRootCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:349: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortIndex'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:361: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortAdminMACEnable' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:370: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortOperMACEnable' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:379: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortUpTime'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:389: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortAdminExternalPathCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:401: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortOperExternalPathCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:410: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortAdminEdge'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:419: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortOperEdge'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:428: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortAutoEdge'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:437: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortAdminPointToPoint' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:450: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortOperPointToPoint' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:459: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpPortHelloTime'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:468: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortAdminNonStp' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:481: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortProtocolMigration' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:493: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortRxTcnBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:501: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortRxCfgBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:509: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortRxRstBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:517: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortRxMstBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:525: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortTxTcnBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:533: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortTxCfgBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:541: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortTxRstBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:549: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpPortTxMstBpduCounter' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:600: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpMapVlanMin'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:608: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpMapVlanMax'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:616: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpMapRowStatus'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:664: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstBridgePriority' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:673: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstBridgeId'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:681: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstDesignatedRoot' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:689: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstDesignatedBridge' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:697: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstInternalRootCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:705: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstRootPort'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:713: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstMasterPort'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:721: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstTimeSinceTopologyChange' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:729: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstTopologyChangesCount' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:737: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstTopologyChangeFlag' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:791: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstPortIndex'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:800: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstPortState'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:815: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `mstpXstPortRole'
must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:832: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortDesignatedRoot' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:840: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortExternalRootCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:848: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortRegionalBridge' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:856: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortInternalRootCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:864: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortDesignatedBridge' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:872: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortDesignatedPort' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:880: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortPriority' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:889: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortAdminInternalPathCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:898: [4] {group-membership} warning: node
`mstpXstPortOperInternalPathCost' must be contained in at least one
conformance group
MSTP-MIB:910: [4] {group-membership} warning: notification
`mstpNewRootBridge' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:924: [4] {group-membership} warning: notification
`mstpNewRootPort' must be contained in at least one conformance group
MSTP-MIB:940: [4] {group-membership} warning: notification
`mstpTopologyChange' must be contained in at least one conformance
group
MSTP-MIB:807: [2] {enum-number-redefinition} redefinition of number
`1' in number enumeration
MSTP-MIB:7: [5] {import-unused} warning: identifier `mib-2' imported
from module `RFC1213-MIB' is never used
MSTP-MIB:7: [5] {obsolete-import} warning: identifier `mib-2' should
be imported from `SNMPv2-SMI' instead of `RFC1213-MIB'
---

David Harrington
[email-masked]

IEEE 802.1 list:
 When forwarding, PLEASE DELETE this footer & list-related header items.
 http://www.ieee802.org/1/email-pages/pwdqq705.html
****************************************************************************
******************************************
 The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments is
privileged and confidential, and is protected from unauthorized use or
dissemination or by intellectual property rights. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify MRV immediately by telephone, or by
e-mail and delete the message from your computer.  Thank you!
****************************************************************************
********************************

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib

---

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:53:36 -0400

Thanks Alex,

I agree the focus should be on what should be managed and the
structure of the MIB. 

Using the right tools will help ensure the design meets SMIv2 syntax
requirements AND the tools provide some design guidance, warning
against some poor design choices that might not be obvious, such as
indexes that might exceed SNMP length constraints.

David Harrington
[email-masked]

> From: Alex Ruzin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 2:47 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [802.1] MSTP MIB
> 
> David,

---

From: [email-masked] (Alex Ruzin)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:43:30 +0200

Paul,
Would you like to upload attached revision of the most recent draft of MST
MIB to
the 802.1 web-site, please? - I fixed the previous one (as far as I could)
to satisfy 'smilint' checker.
Thanks, Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: IEEE 802.1 [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Alex Ruzin
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 8:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [802.1] MSTP MIB

David,

With respect, Alex

-----Original Message-----

Hi Alex and all,

---

David Harrington
[email-masked]

IEEE 802.1 list:

IEEE 802.1 list: