Subject: [Bridge-mib] MSTP MIB

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:46:45 -0400

FYI.

The IEEE 802.1 WG is developing a MIB module for MSTP. The latest
revision is available at
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2005/ruzin-mstp-mib-02.txt

The changes from the previous revision are:
1) The syntax had been debugged (by both ucd-snmp and SNMPc).
2) The object mstpGenCfgIdDigest  has been added.
3) Some ideas from both malhotra-mstpmib-01and
frattura-mstp-mib-0411.txt
have been used
4) The explanations have been inserted (in the clause "3. Structure of
MSTP-MIB").

The appropriate mailing list for IEEE 802.1 mib module discussion is
[email-masked].
To subscribe to the STDS-802-1-L list, go to
http://www.ieee802.org/1/email-pages/
To see the general information about 802,1, including how they work
and how to participate, go to http://www.ieee802.org/1/
To see presentations on the technology, go to
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2004
 
David Harrington
[email-masked]
co-chair, IETF Bridge WG

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:30:15 +0200

> 4) The explanations have been inserted (in the clause "3. Structure of

Dave, can you advise them to use a decent MIB parser? I did run the
MIB module through libsmi and I was not really impressed. They seem
to mix SMIv2/SMIv1 syntax, they use data types not properly imported,
they have notifications referencing objects that are not-accessible
and so on. The point is not really to tell them what is broken and
why but to teach them that they better first check whether the tools
they use for syntax checking are actually appropriate.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany