Subject: [caldav] Availability draft 02

From: Mike Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:49:43 -0400

The spec says:

           availableprop  = *(
                          ;
                          ; the following are REQUIRED,
                          ; but MUST NOT occur more than once
                          ;
                          dtstamp / dtstart / uid /

But the example has no DTSTAMP for available

         BEGIN:AVAILABLE
         UID:[email-masked]
         SUMMARY:Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 17:00
         DTSTART;TZID=America/Montreal:20111002T090000
         DTEND;TZID=America/Montreal:20111002T170000
         RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH
         END:AVAILABLE

I'd be inclined to question the need for UID or DTSTAMP in available as 
the component cannot stand alone

-- 

Mike Douglass                           [email-masked]
Senior Systems Programmer
Communication&  Collaboration Technologies      518 276 6780(voice) 2809
(fax)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180

---

From: Andrew McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:33:38 +1200

> the component cannot stand alone

If you ever get two of them it'd be nice to know which one is the
freshest, and that yet they are still the same thing.

Perhaps there is value in having something rather than UID, however.
Seen out of context it's not clear to me what the above is referencing,
but (e.g.) as a sub-component of a VCARD the DTSTAMP and UID from the
outer component would obviate any need for them inside this component.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
            Cat, n.:
        Lapwarmer with built-in buzzer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------