Subject: Re: XML is not a protocol

From: "Frank Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:14:45 -0400

I agree with Ron Wolf. Resolving use of XML at this juncture will only delay
the year end goals for a CAP draft. Best table this until a future CAP
draft.

- - Frank Dawson

---

From: "Ron Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:36:01 -0700

Frank:
Right, tabling the discussion of how the XML fits into the iCap (or other)
protocol is fine IMO. But I also suggested that the group allow/endorse an
effort to define a DTD for the iCal data structure. Not sure if you are also
saying that you think that is a good idea?

Also from the concerns consistently raised about dilution of effort, it
would seem that getting agreement thru email isn't going to happen. I would
hope that a verbal, probably informal, discussion is in order.
+---------------------------------+
| Ron Wolf         Squirrel Works |
+---------------------------------+

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Frank Dawson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 18, 1998 8:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: XML is not a protocol
>
>