Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:27:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring and Scheduling Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: iCalendar v2.0 Formal Public Identifier
	Author(s)	: F. Dawson, P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 23-Sep-98
	
   The IETF has defined a standard format for exchanging calendaring and
   scheduling data, called iCalendar. This format is useful for exchange
   of personal calendar data across the Internet, as well as in non-
   Internet environments.
 
   In a number of environments where the iCalendar will be used, the
   format type and version needs to be identified. For example, when
   registering the iCalendar as a format for memory-based 'clipboard' or
   'drag/drop' user interface interactions. For these cases, a
   definitive formal public identifier (FPI) for the iCalendar will be
   required. This memo defined the FPI to be used when referring to the
   version 2.0 (the value in the 'VERSION' property) of the iCalendar
   format.
 
   The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL NOT',
   'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED', 'NOT RECOMMENDED', 'MAY' and
   'OPTIONAL' in this document are to be interpreted as described in
   [RFC 2119].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.