Subject: CAP contacts - for CAP draft

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:21:37 -0800 (PST)

In Orlando there was a slide that showed who the contacts are for the
various parts of the CAP-00 draft.

With the polite reminders that we should have posted the out of band
meeting notes I thought I would send this out to help speed up the CAP
process (as the Chicago IETF notes are still not available).

Rather than forcing all communication through a small pipe of just one
or two editors some of us volunteered to be the whip for the following
CAP issues:

A whip is a person that will get whipped if there section does not
have text written in time to submit for the next IETF draft cutoff
date :-) Any more volunteers? (At Orlando - no one rased their hands).

*Anyone* may submit their ideas to the list.  The persons below will
be responsible for a category and attempting to form a consensus
amongst the submissions / discussions.  Lacking any input from the WG,
the TASK owners are likely to submit the only ideas they have - their
own.

(***These are from my notes + my interpretation of what was said -
please send the WG any corrections***)

GOAL:  Using the cap requirements document + WG comments +
 submissions, document the fist cut pass at the model for your TASK.
 Submit this to the WG and have text available for the out of band
 meeting 'prior' to the next IETF meeting and in time for an IETF
 submission where your section will be submitted to the IETF as part
 of the CAP-00 draft. I belive this is what we all volunteered to do
 for the WG.

I think that we all understand that some of these TASKS details will
be debated for a while and that CAP-00 may be incomplete and have
inconsistiances.  I think that some of that is okay for a 00 draft.

(In my signature is my email address if anyone wishes to contact me
out of band on my tasks.  I'll let the others send their preferred
email address to the list if they wish).

As the last half of December is often slow because of vacations and
holidays.  I suspect that most of the work will be done in January and
the early part of Feburary in time for the March IETF in warm MN.

TASK (short description)			WHIP
-----------------------------------		---------------------
CSID and CALID url:				Steve Mansour
  Responsible for documenting the URI for both
  CSID and CALID to be used in CAP-00.
  
Searching and filtering:			Lisa Lippert
  Responsible for documenting the searching and
  filtering section of CAP-00.
  
Component management:				Doug Royer
  This section will define the commands needed
  by CAP-00.
  
Calendar properties:				Richard Shusterman
  This section will define new calendar
  properties needed for CAP-00.
  
Calendar store properties:			Richard Shusterman
  This section will define new calendar store
  properties needed for CAP-00.
  
Security, Authentication:			Andre  Courtemanche
  Document the security and authentication
  sections of CAP-00.
  
CAP model (data and system models):		Steve Mansour
  This section will describe what the overall
  CAP model is and perhaps a diagram and
  state table.
  
Protocol Data Unit syntax (XML vs. MIME): 	Tony Small
  Document the container that will be used
  in CAP-00.
  
Transport:					Doug Royer
  Write the section that describes the
  transport to be used in CAP-00.
  
Exception Handling: 				Doug Royer
  How will errors be handled. What are the
  error codes. Have text ready for CAP-00.
  
Session management: 				Richard Shusterman
  Login/Logout and how this will be done
  in CAP-00.
  
-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://www.royer.com/People/Doug
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL