Subject: How to remove yourself from this mailing list

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 02:40:14 -0500

First off, do *not* send a message to the mailing list with the word
"remove" in the subject line. You'll notice that it doesn't work, and it
just fills up everyone's mailbox with useless personal requests.

Instead, you SHOULD send a message to [email-masked] with the word
"unsubscribe" as the first line of the message. This will most likely work.

Please note that these instructions were sent to you when you subscribed to
the mailing list. If you have lost these instructions, the nex time you
subscribe to a mailing list (any mailing list), you should save the
instructions in a safe place so you won't embarass yourself when you later
want to be removed from the mailing list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "Dixon, Todd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:46:01 -0500

This is what was written in those instructions:

*************************************
If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, 
you can send mail to <[email-masked]> with the following 
command in the body of your email message: 

    unsubscribe ietf-calendar "Doe, John" <[email-masked]> 
*************************************

Except that instead of "Doe, John" you would probably want to put your name.
And instead of <[email-masked]> you would probably want to put your email
address.

Someone give this a whirl. If we see nothing in the list, then we can assume
that it works. Otherwise, trust no one ;)

Todd Dixon
Gyrus Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 12/12/98 2:40 AM
Subject: How to remove yourself from this mailing list

Instead, you SHOULD send a message to [email-masked] with the
word
"unsubscribe" as the first line of the message. This will most likely
work.

Please note that these instructions were sent to you when you subscribed
to
the mailing list. If you have lost these instructions, the nex time you
subscribe to a mailing list (any mailing list), you should save the
instructions in a safe place so you won't embarass yourself when you
later
want to be removed from the mailing list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director