Subject: Permission request

From: Gail Hupalo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:31:56 +0000

I just read the article on page 50 of the above InfoWorld and was
wondering about ISO 8601 which is the default national standard for well
over a third of the world's population, notably in Scandinavia, Germany,
some of Easter Europe, and most of Asis.  It is my understanding that
most of the rest of the world has adopted the standard "on paper," such
as Australia and South Africa.  Although not yet compulsory in
Britain,they adopted it in 1971.

How does this standard compare to iCal, iTip, iMip, iRip and CAP?

Thank you for your assistance. Gail

---

From: "Frank Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:43:12 -0500

The Internet calendaring and scheduling standards (RFC 2425/iCalendar, RFC
2426/iTIP and RFC 2427/iMIP) all refer to ISO 8601 for date/time
representation. These Internet proposed standards use the complete
representation, basic format.

- - Frank Dawson