Subject: CAP Editors Mar 9 and 10 in Menlo Park, CA

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:45:40 -0800 (PST)

Sun Microsystems will be hosting a CAP meeting March 1999 in Menlo
Park California.

Travel day will be March 8th, with meetings on the 9th and 10th.

As the Minneapolis Minnesota IETF meeting is the following week, I
would hope the March CAP meeting to discuss Access Lists.  Its a
topic that I do not think will be ready soon and can be discussed in
parallel to the rest of the CAP work.

I'll send more details about the location, motels, and driving
instructions early February.

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://www.royer.com/People/Doug
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
<tt>Morgan Stanley Dean Witter &amp; Co. will be hosting the February CAP</tt>
<br><tt>Editors session in New York City.</tt><tt></tt>
<p><tt>As discussed at the 43rd IETF in Orlando, these are interim meetings</tt>
<br><tt>for the "core design team" to progress CAP component proposals
for</tt>
<br><tt>mailing list review.&nbsp; Meeting notes will be published back
to the WG</tt>
<br><tt>for further discussion.</tt><tt></tt>
<p><tt>It is open for all IETF'ers who want to contribute on CAP.&nbsp;
However,</tt>
<br><tt>I'll need to arrange for security passes for everyone, so please
RSVP</tt>
<br><tt>by Jan 28th if you are planning on attending.&nbsp; I'm expecting
about 10</tt>
<br><tt>people.</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;<tt></tt>
<p><tt>Details</tt>
<br><tt>-------</tt>
<br><tt>Dates:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tuesday, 2/9/1999 and&nbsp; Wednesday
2/10/199</tt>
<br><tt>Times:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 9am - ?</tt>
<br><tt>Location: 750 Seventh Avenue, between 49th and 50th streets on
the</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; West side
of the street.&nbsp; We're right next to Rockefeller</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Center and
Times Square on the West side of Midtown Manhattan.</tt>
<br><tt>Hotels:&nbsp;&nbsp; The closest hotel is the Holiday Inn Crown
Plaza across the</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; street.
(<A HREF="http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/nycmh">http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/nycmh</A>) Amex quotes</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; a corporate
rate of $210 per night.&nbsp; There are many other</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; places nearby.&nbsp;
Some are probably in the $150 a night range.</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;<tt></tt>
<p><tt>Typically the contributors gather on Monday night to have dinner
and</tt>
<br><tt>hash out the agenda before the first meeting.&nbsp; Meet in the
lobby of</tt>
<br><tt>750 Seventh Ave at 7:30pm on Monday if you arrive in time.</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;<tt></tt>
<p><tt>Contact and RSVP:</tt>
<br><tt>----------------</tt>
<br><tt>David Madeo</tt>
<br><tt>[email-masked]</tt>
<br><tt>212-762-2348 (beeper and cell are on message)</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;<tt></tt>
<p><tt>Directions:</tt>
<br><tt>----------</tt>
<br><tt>There's a lot of other ways to get here.&nbsp; When you RSVP, let
me know</tt>
<br><tt>if you need more detailed information.</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;<tt></tt>
<p><tt>Map:</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=750+seventh+ave&amp;amp;csz=10019&amp;amp;Get+Map=Get+Map">http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&amp;addr=750+seventh+ave&amp;amp;csz=10019&amp;amp;Get+Map=Get+Map</A></tt>
<br><tt>Airports: Fly into LaGuardia (LGA) preferably.</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp; Newark,NJ (EWR) and JFK (JFK) are also possibilities.</tt>
<br><tt>Subway stops:</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp; 1/9 line 50th street. Walk East 1 block to 7th Ave and turn
right</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp; A/C/E line 50th street. Walk East 2 blocks to 7th Ave and
turn right</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp; N/R line 49th street. The big black building above you.</tt>
<br><tt>Cab: "Hey, take me to 49th and Seventh in Midtown"</tt>
<br><tt>Penn Station (LIRR and Amtrak), Grand Central (Metro North), and
the</tt>
<br><tt>&nbsp; Port Authority (Bus) are all a short subway or cab ride
(&lt;$5)</tt>
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;
<br><tt></tt>&nbsp;</html>