Subject: ISO 8601, etc.

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:20:29 +0000

Just a data point...

Chris Newman prepared a very worthwhile (IMO) draft some time ago that
proposes usage for ISO 8601 formats in Internet protocols:

   <draft-newman-datetime-xx.txt>

I think it's probably expired now.

#g

At 13:31 21/01/99 +0000, Gail Hupalo wrote:
>I just read the article on page 50 of the above InfoWorld and was
>wondering about ISO 8601 which is the default national standard for well
>over a third of the world's population, notably in Scandinavia, Germany,
>some of Easter Europe, and most of Asis.  It is my understanding that
>most of the rest of the world has adopted the standard "on paper," such
>as Australia and South Africa.  Although not yet compulsory in
>Britain,they adopted it in 1971.
>
>How does this standard compare to iCal, iTip, iMip, iRip and CAP?
>
>Thank you for your assistance. Gail
>
------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])