Subject: Comments in examples...

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:32:15 -0800

Folks,

These examples are long. We need a way to embed comments for
documentation purposes.

We already label lines with C: and S: .  Here's one idea:

C: - stuff sent by a client
S: - stuff sent by a server
#  - documentation comment, not part of the protocol

I thought about the C++ comment '//' but those to characters appear in a
lot of our cap addresses and other URIs.  Having the matched '/*'  '*/'
pairs is another way, but it seems less convenient.

comments?

-Steve

---

From: "Frank Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:32:30 -0500

Your suggestion of using "#" is good. The IETF ABNF uses ";" SEMICOLON
character. FWIW.

- - Frank