Subject: VCAR

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:22:23 +0000

Does anybody else think it would be a good idea to jettison the term
"VCAR"? I've heard 2-3 people who had only read it pronounce it as
"vee-cahr", and I've heard at least one person get confused between VCAR
and vCard.  I think the cuteness of getting to say "vicar" all the time
is just not worth it.

--
/=============================================================\
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
[email-masked]|============================================|
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |
\=============================================================/

---

From: "Mark Poepping" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:36:30 -0500

I think you're right that it'll continue to be a
problem, no matter how many pronunciation lessons.
Though I'd heard there were 'baggage' concerns 
surrounding the use of 'ACL'..  I 
mark.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of John Stracke
> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 3:22 PM
> To: calsch WG
> Subject: VCAR
> 
>