Subject: Re: VCAR

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:20:25 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:22:23 +0000
> From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
> 
> Does anybody else think it would be a good idea to jettison the term
> "VCAR"? I've heard 2-3 people who had only read it pronounce it as
> "vee-cahr", and I've heard at least one person get confused between VCAR
> and vCard.

I doubt we would ever come up with a name that would prevent at least
one person from being confused about :-)

>  I think the cuteness of getting to say "vicar" all the time
> is just not worth it.

Lots of pain :-)

I originally wrote ACL, however that has other baggage.
Is this worth a debate?

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL