Subject: Note re minutes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:59:16 -0500

Just a quick note to let you know the minutes I sent were kind of a "core
dump" to make sure we captured as much as possible.  I plan on publishing a
much more condensed and homogenized version after I get everyone's
feedback.

On the todo's for me, I have sent a note to Robert checking on the last
call for the CAP requirements. I'll keep you updated on what I find out.

On the note regarding XML, here's a draft of what I plan on posting.
Please provide feedback asap. If I do not hear feedback on this posting,
I'll submit it to the list on Tuesday of next week.

Draft of posting on XML:

As we draw near the final completion of the CAP draft, we need to resolve
one of the last major issues.  Currently, the syntax in the CAP document
will be ICAL based.  There has been discussion revolving around using XML
as the syntax.  This posting is an effort to finalize this decision so we
can get the draft published.  It should be understood that if we elect to
change the document into XML, it will most certainly delay the submission
of this draft and that could potentially shut down the working group.
There is a proposal on the table to have an addendum added to the document
that show how to implement CAP using XML.  However, it would be with the
understanding that the underlying MUST syntax would be ICAL-based.  Then,
once the draft was submitted, CAP version 2 would be started and the
direction for that draft would be towards XML, which by that time has had
time to evolve itself.  We want to give the list the opportunity to state
opinions and comments.  Due to the short timeframe between now and when the
draft must be submitted, we must put a time limit on posting of comments.
If you feel strongly about using XML versus ICAL based syntax, please post
to this list within the next two weeks.  That should provide adequate and
fair time for feedback. especially from those who do not frequent the list
as much as others.  Based on the feedback and the number of responses, we
will then make a judgement call, working together with the area directors,
and post the final decision to the list.

This is our official posting. Here is the proposed decision. Anyone
opposed, you need to post to this list now.  Otherwise the first draft of
CAP will be ICAL syntax