Subject: CAP reconciliation over non-IP networks.

From: "Simon Mackay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:20:56 +1100

Ho everyone!

A question that remains unanswered regarding the iCalendar protocols, but
they seem to talk about using the Internet or company intranet as the
primary bearer, where the calendar is stored on a communal server.. But
whenever one is using a point to point communcation setup to reckon
calendaring information, for example using SVD modems to book time during a
telephone call or making appointments at a meeting by reckoning the data
between PDAs owned by yourself and your correspondent using IRDA transfer
methods.

Is there a protocol that caters for these occasions? Has it been ratified?

With regards

Simon Mackay

---

From: Andre Courtemanche <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:17:44 -0500

Simon,

If you look into the CAP requirements, you will see that as long as you
have
a calendar store and a calendar user agent, then CAP can be used as a 
protocol.

If you want to communicate from one device to another, then one has
to be the calendar store and the other, the calendar user agent,
and CAP can be used.

I strongly suggest you look into the CAP requirement document 
and if it doesn't address your need, then pleas bring it up to the list.

Regards,

Andre Courtemanche
CST
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Mackay [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 10:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CAP reconciliation over non-IP networks.

Ho everyone!

A question that remains unanswered regarding the iCalendar protocols,
but they seem to talk about using the Internet or company intranet as
the primary bearer, where the calendar is stored on a communal server..
But whenever one is using a point to point communcation setup to reckon
calendaring information, for example using SVD modems to book time
during a telephone call or making appointments at a meeting by reckoning
the data between PDAs owned by yourself and your correspondent using
IRDA transfer methods.

Is there a protocol that caters for these occasions? Has it been
ratified?

With regards

Simon Mackay

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:29:25 -0800 (PST)

> From: "Simon Mackay" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:20:56 +1100
>
> Ho everyone!
> 
> whenever one is using a point to point communication setup to reckon

You need CAP - and no, it has not been ratified. Its still under
development. If there are any IRDA specific needs, you might want to
voice them now.

You should (if you have not already done so) read the CAP requirements
document. Make sure you needs are addressed and raise any issues you
may have - now.

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL