Subject: RE: Changing the attendee list without sending to all attendees

From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:34:29 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> If the extra, 201st person you added to that meeting was Bill Gates,
do you
> think it would influence the decsion of the first 200 guests about
whether
> or not they will attend?

 One more thing this brings up, then, is if updates should be sent to
people who've declined the meeting. If you send out a request to 200
people, they all decline because they're not interested, and _then_ Bill
Gates is added to the meeting, should the first 200 people be given the
chance to change their minds, or should they be left out of the update
cycle because they sent their decline too hastily?

 The latter seems harsh, but is probably better than people getting
updates to a meeting that they definitely aren't interested in --
presumably, we want a way for the organiser to forcibly send updates to
everyone, regardless of accept/deny status.

 This, then, means that we need to store the original list of people in
the meeting somewhere as well as the current list of people who've
accepted, I assume?

 -- dan

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:38:15 +0000

> updates to a meeting that they definitely aren't interested in --

Again, I believe this should be up to the recipient's CUA--maybe they can
mark a meeting "not interested no matter what".  (To refer back to my
extreme example again, suppose Mr. Smith declined the invitation because
his ex-wife was going to be there, but then she changed her mind; he'd
probably like to have the chance to attend after all.)

--
/=============================================================\
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
[email-masked]|============================================|
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal, Inc.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |
\=============================================================/