Subject: Re: IRIP version 4 (Part 1) e

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:12:50 -0800

> Under 3.1.2.2 Selection of an Authentication Mechanism:
> >There is no
> >minimum level of security which an [IRIP] compliant server is
> required
> >to suppot.
>
> Why is not at least SASL Plain not a minimum supported mechanism (w/
> or w/o
> TLS)?  This is _not_ to say that it cannot be 'disabled' by the
> admin's
> config or somehow otherwise toggled on/off.  However, w/o some minimum
>
> required mechanism then you have a very very slim chance of some form
> of
> interop!

Perhaps our security experts can suggest what the minimum required
mechanism should be?

Paul? Bob?

-Steve

---

From: Bob Mahoney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 06:37:23 -0500

> Perhaps our security experts can suggest what the minimum required

Paul's on the road, with spotty mail access until the 31st.

I'll have some ideas to the list shortly, hopefully tonight.  I had a 
meeting set up with Jeff Schiller for Monday, but he was out 
unexpectedly.  It will be useful to bounce ideas off of him, and I 
hope to get some of his time today.

-Bob