Subject: Re: CAP Command Format Issues

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:42:12 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:31:57 -0800
> From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)

> > Doug Royer wrote:
> > How would that help - don't you have the same problem as we
> > just eliminated?

> well, yes, it is possible that you
> 
>    * check to see whether or not you have permission to do something,
>    * get some results,
>    * and the permissions change out from under you before you had a chance to
>      take perform an operation.
> 
> Nevertheless, I still think a command to check and see whether or not
> you have permission to do something is a valid thing to do. There are many
> cases on a UI
> where you will elect to either show something or not, enable a button,
> etc., depending access rights.

Yep.

> Also note that the scenario where access rights are changed out from
> under you is undoubtedly an edge case.

True.

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL