Subject: Re: SEQUENCE Number

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:46:14 GMT

Alex:
Not sure how "DTSTAMP" can't "vary across recurrences". The "DTSTAMP" 
property is afixed to each iCalendar object as it is created, prior to 
sending (e.g., in an iTIP/iMIP message). 
If I send out a "REQUEST" for a Monday meeting, it has one DTSTAMP on that 
iMIP message. If I revise it by sending out an "ADD" for additional 
occurrences (e.g., Wednesday and Friday of the same week), then it will 
have a different DTSTAMP.
Hence, the two messages have different "DTSTAMP" values specified. So what 
did you mean?
-- Frank

---

From: Alexander Taler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:02:25 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> If I send out a "REQUEST" for a Monday meeting, it has one DTSTAMP on 
> that iMIP message. If I revise it by sending out an "ADD" for 
> additional occurrences (e.g., Wednesday and Friday of the same week),
> then it will have a different DTSTAMP.
> 
> Hence, the two messages have different "DTSTAMP" values specified. So 
> what did you mean?
> 

I was referring to what is kept in the Calendar Store.  I presume
that I store a single SEQUENCE number for all recurrences of an event, 
which I compare with incoming messages.

I also presume that I store one DTSTAMP for an event and use it for 
comparison against incoming messages.

In the example above, when I get the "ADD" message I discard the 
previously stored DTSTAMP and store the new one.  If I receive
another message modifying the Monday meeting and its DTSTAMP 
falls between the other two it is an error.

The question is whether these inter-recurrence relationships belong 
in iCalendar or iTIP.  I think that this particular case fits into 
iCalendar, just.

Alex