Subject: Re: Users and Authentication Ids in CAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:44:30 -0400

Alex replied in part:
>Using CAP I should not be able to decide who can use which identities.

There is a close cousin to this discussion that does bear putting into CAP 
though; the ability for the CUA to indicate what UPN they want to 'act 
as'.  Uses for this are the typical secretary/admin accessing a managers 
calendar either as themselves (ie: "I want to meet w/you about my review") 
or on behalf of the manager (ie: the managers proxy or designate).

Im not certain if this is currently easily done w/CAP draft-00 (the key 
phrase being _easily_).  I have to reread it and see for sure.  Perhaps 
the authors can comment on this better though...  (Guidance please as I 
continue my email backlog sorting.)

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...