Subject: Re: Recurring Anniversary Instances?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:48:15 GMT

Dan:
If I understand you, your case is one of taking an event defined with a 
date/time start and end and adding an occurrence that is defined merely by 
a date?
This seems like it is inconsistent with the type of event (i.e., date/time 
based interval). I would guess that this is an error condition. 
However, I would hope that a recipient would be more forgiving and convert 
the date-only RDATE to a date/time where the time is from T000000 to 
T235959.
-- Frank

---

From: "Dan Hickman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:05:34 -0500

Frank,

I think it should be an acceptable option.  The current spec does not define
this as an error state and we can't be sure that there isn't some use for
it.  It is conceivable that a user could have a need for an event where one
occurrence needs to be tied to a specific time but another does not.

Dan
    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 1999 8:48 AM
    To: Dan Hickman
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Subject: Re: Recurring Anniversary Instances?

    Dan:
    If I understand you, your case is one of taking an event defined with a
date/time start and end and adding an occurrence that is defined merely by a
date?

    This seems like it is inconsistent with the type of event (i.e.,
date/time based interval). I would guess that this is an error condition.

    However, I would hope that a recipient would be more forgiving and
convert the date-only RDATE to a date/time where the time is from T000000 to
T235959.

    -- Frank