Subject: SEQUENCE Number

From: "Dan Hickman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:24:25 -0500

Hi All,

Quick question on sequence number.

Is it correct that the "SEQUENCE" property applies to an event as a whole
and cannot be different for different occurrences of a recurring event?

In other words, if you schedule a recurring event (with SEQUENCE:0) and then
reschedule one occurrence of the event (RECURRENCE-ID:19990101, SEQUENCE:1)
then the whole event now has a SEQUENCE of 1, correct?

Thanks,
Dan Hickman
Rockin' Software

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:09:15 GMT

If this was not specifically addressed in the draft, does it need to be?

"Dan Hickman" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/26/99 01:51 PM

        To:     <[email-masked]>
        cc:     <[email-masked]>
        Subject:        RE: SEQUENCE Number
Frank,
Thanks for the clarification.  I see no problems with this approach.  I 
had originally thought there could be a sequence for each occurrence but I 
think it makes sense the way it is.  I didn't see it specifically 
addressed in the spec but the examples show it fairly well.  I just wanted 
to be sure.
 
Thanks,
Dan Hickman
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 1999 10:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: SEQUENCE Number

Dan: 
Correct. The sequence number applies to any modifications for the whole 
event definition. A change to an initial event definition to, say add (via 
the ADD method) an occurrence, would monotonically increment the sequence 
number. Effectively, the sequence number represents the revision sequence 
for the whole event definition. 
Note: The UID applies to the whole occurrence set (or whole event) also. 
Hope this helps. Did you see a problem with this architectural element? 
-- Frank