Subject: Re: Recurring Anniversary Instances?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:44:28 -0400

Dan wrote:
>Quick question (I hope).

Yep, it is...

>If I have a recurring event set to occur every Wednesday at 1:00PM, is it
>legal to reschedule a specific occurrence to be an anniversary type
>occurrence.  For example, reschedule a Wednesday 1:00PM to a Tuesday
>anniversary date?

Your text does not jive w/the example you gave.  Your example is a vEvent 
that would repeat Weekly (on Wednesdays) from 1PM to 3PM starting on 
14-Jul-1999 AND on Tuedsay, 20-Jul-1999 BUT NOT on 21-Jul-1999.  This is 
not quite an anniversary the exception is 1 explicit date and an RDATE is 
used instead of an RRULE.

If you want to make this an 'anniversary' type then you should use 
FREQ=YEARLY.  Other than that, your example is fine.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: "Dan Hickman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:10:31 -0500

Thanks for your reply.  I was using the term "Anniversary" in generic terms
as it is used in iTIP section  "4.1.5 Anniversaries or Events attached to
entire days".  An anniversary doesn't necessarily have to be a yearly event
(IMHO).

Thanks,
Dan
    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 1:44 PM
    To: Dan Hickman
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Subject: Re: Recurring Anniversary Instances?

    Yep, it is...

    >occurrence.  For example, reschedule a Wednesday 1:00PM to a Tuesday

    Your text does not jive w/the example you gave.  Your example is a
vEvent that would repeat Weekly (on Wednesdays) from 1PM to 3PM starting on
14-Jul-1999 AND on Tuedsay, 20-Jul-1999 BUT NOT on 21-Jul-1999.  This is not
quite an anniversary the exception is 1 explicit date and an RDATE is used
instead of an RRULE.

    Bruce

    Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the
FAX...