Subject: Discrepancy on definition of CSIS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:51:21 -0400

In reading the draft-00.txt file I noticed that there is a slight 
discrepancy between the definition of Calendar Store ID and the 
descriptive text later.  In particular:

1.3  Definitions

Calendar Store Identifier (CSID)
     The globally unique identifier for an individual CS. A CSID
     consists of the host and port portions of a "Common Internet Scheme
     Syntax" part of a URL, as defined by [RFC2396].

and

2.6  Calendar Addresses

Calendar addresses are URIs that are modeled after [RFC2396]. CAP uses
the following forms of URI.

    [[<scheme>]://<csid>[:<port>]/]<relativeCALID>

The format under 2.6 contradicts the description from 1.3.  I think 2.6 
needs to be revised to be:

    [[<scheme>]://<csid>/]<relativeCALID>
...
     <csid> is the Calendar Store ID. It is the network address of the
     computer on which the CAP server is running and, optionally, the
     port. The default port value is 5229. The port must be
     present if the CAP server does not listen on the default port.
        A <csid> with the default port specified is identical to one that
        only contains the network address.

The latter lines are to avoid a mistaken CUA from declaring 
"calendar.iris.com:5229" is a different csid than "calendar.iris.com". 
(Seen this happen in some browers and its very annoying!)

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...