Subject: RFC2445 Property Change Control Request: Disallow Allow Multiple ATTENDEE Properties With The Same Value

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:50:29 GMT

Folks:
In section "4.8.4.1 Attendee" of RFC 2445, there is no restriction on
occurrence of multiple ATTENDEE properties with the same value. This
practice introduces a problem for recipients and will result in an
interoperability conflict. For example, you can specify the same ATTENDEE
value twice, once as a REQ-PARTICIPANT and the other as a OPT-PARTICIPANT
or even as both a delegatee and delegator! Obviously, this is a whole in
the specification. I suggest that we close it with a Property Change
Control request, per section "7.3 Property Change Control" of RFC 2445.

<pccr>

   Subject: Property Change Control Request

   Property Name: ATTENDEE

   Change Purpose: To correct ambiguity in specification. Change will
   assure interoperability with the ATTENDEE property and its intended
   purpose.

   Define the change: Add the following paragraph to the end of the
   "Description" clause in section "4.8.4.1 Attendee":

   "The property MUST NOT be specified more than once with the same
   property value."

</pccr>

-- Frank Dawson

---

From: Alexander Taler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:58:29 -0400

This change would preclude the ability to delegate your attendance to
someone who is already listed as an ATTENDEE.  Is this a reasonable
restriction?

Alex