Subject: CAP: man-in-the-middle attacks

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:31:53 -0400

In section 2.4, it says that spoofing of a CS is due to a hostile 
client, then lists the threats that can come from hostile agents between 
client and server. I believe that spoofing of a CS is not due to a 
hostile client at all (it's an attack *on* the client); it comes solely 
from hostile intermediate agents (e.g., man-in-the-middle attackers).

-- 
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"Sometimes we in the media have to give the    |
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>|copycat criminals a little kick-start." -- Tina|
|                |the Tech Writer, in _Dilbert_                  |
\================================================================/

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:13:26 -0400

Noted. Added this and plus previous items to the cap to do list.

George