Subject: RE: The iCalendar XML DTD

From: "NITSCH,FRANK (HP-Germany,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:57:31 +0200

Hi Alan,

I'm also interested in this cleaned up version of iPlanet's DTD.
I have asked for XML on this list a while ago. David gave me the
pointer to RDF which was completely new to me (Thanx David!).
After reading an introduction to RDF I think I have an idea what
RDF is used for. But when I'm looking at the RDF Calendaring
progress I have the feeling that there's not yet a package one
could call "ready".
David: have you worked with the RDF Calendar stuff already? Could
you make a statement what state it has? I find it difficult to
draw a picture of the information offered on their home page...

What I had hoped was that this RDF Calendar effort would provide
tools (maybe a library as libical) for converting RDF Calendar
data to iCalendar data and vice versa. I think it would be best
if libical would contain an RDF Calendar parser. But this will
probably not happen before the RDF efforts are somehow established.

Gary: I'm going to start with iCalendar in XML pretty soon. So if
you want we can exchange findings and experiences "off list". ;-)

Best Regards

	Frank
--
====================================================================
Frank Nitsch                           mailto:[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hewlett-Packard GmbH                 | http://www.hewlett-packard.de
Mailstop ASM-NGP, Building B32/3M17  | HP-Telnet         777-2135
Herrenberger Strasse 110-140         | Phone  (+49) 07031/14-2135
D-71034 Boeblingen                   | Fax    (+49) 07031/14-8253
====================================================================
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Heribert Schmitz (Vorsitzender), Hans-Jochen
Lueckefett, Heiko Meyer, Fritz Schuller, Regine Stachelhaus,
Juergen Banhardt, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Joerg Menno Harms
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen, Amtsgericht Boeblingen HRB 4081
====================================================================

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alan Davies [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, 16 August, 2001 16:39
> To: Leveille,Peter S.
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: The iCalendar XML DTD
> 
> 
> 
> A (slightly) more recent version was written by Dawson, Reddy, and
> Royer. iPlanet appears to use it in their server, and has a
> copy of the (expired) draft here on their website (unfortunately
> it suffers from formatting problems, I can mail a cleaned up
> version on request to anyone who's interested):
> 
> http://developer.iplanet.com/docs/wpapers/calendar/ietf.txt
> 
> Several different vendors use xml representations of iCalendar,
> and this draft will be resurrected and completed/corrected in the
> future to standardise them.
> 
> --Alan
> 
> At 09:50 AM 16/08/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> 
> >I have found the IETF internet draft dated December 4, 1998 for the
> >iCalendar XML DTD.  Is there a more recent copy of this material?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-Pete
>

---

From: "bpapkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:59:27 -0400

If you guys do decide to extend this thread "off list", 
please copy to me.  I may have to deal with this soon.

==================================================================
Code is not a crime:  help to absolve Dmitry Sklyarov.
Sign the petition:  http://www.dibona.com/dmca/
          Updates:  http://www.freesklyarov.org/
            Write:  http://www.boycottadobe.org/
           Attend:  http://www.freesklyarov.org/calendar/index.html
===================================================================

---

From: Gary Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:34:44 -0500

Off list we go. I'll report back when (if) there is something to report.

Gary