Subject: CAP: stored queries

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:34:22 -0400

CAP's stored queries look problematic to me. Are they really 
necessary? I would prefer to be able to build a CAP server as a frontend 
to my existing server, which means I don't want to introduce too much 
new items to be stored.

In addition, I'm unhappy about the storage costs. It seems likely that 
VQUERYs can't be shared between different users, which means that, if I 
have 100K users, each using the same CUA, and that CUA creates 5 
VQUERYs, then I have to store 500K VQUERYs, even though there are only 5 
different ones. This seems wasteful.

Can stored queries be made optional?

-- 
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"And bring the search warrant." "You mean the|
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>|sledgehammer, sir?" "Yes."                   |
\==============================================================/

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:36:07 -0400

I see no reason why they are necessary. I found nothing in the
CAP requirements doc.  Anyone against making them optional?

George