Subject: RE: XML iCal draft changes

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:04:42 -0400

> With respect to the DTD / Schema issue, it really
> looks like there is interest for both.

If it's specified two different ways, you have to be absolutely certain 
that they agree with each other--and that they continue to agree every 
time the spec is revved.

Really, this is the same issue as keeping the names the same between XML 
and text/calendar: don't specify the same thing twice.

John Stracke
Principal Engineer
Incentive Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:58:14 -0600

> and text/calendar: don't specify the same thing twice.

I am not in favor of both. Lets look at both.

And on the other hand - DTD's are going to ~slowly~ go away when schema
takes hold. We need to be prepared.

-Doug