Subject: Issues list - CAP Oct 29th, 2001

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:45:59 -0600

This is a start at a separate issues list for CAP. This needs to be extended
and added to, numbering is started as of today and reflects no specific
ordering. There are likely MANY typo type issues missing from this list.

Issues - summary on Oct 29th, 2001
by Shannon Clark for CALSCH group

1.	Integration of BEEP into CAP

2.	Internationalization - impact on CAP

3.	Update CAP draft for BEEP changes (re-number again?)

4.	Status of CAP re IETF in general (still Internet Draft?)

5.	Impact of XML discussions on CAP (does it? would it? should it?)

6.	Solidify proposed iCalendar changes for integration into next draft of
iCalendar

Shannon J. Clark
President, JigZaw, Inc
1.800.4.JIGZAW (454.4929)
[email-masked]
www.jigzaw.com

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:54:49 -0500

There is up to date CAP issues list at the calsch.org web site:

    http://calsch.org/ietf/cap-ToDo.txt

George

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:01:27 -0500

> 1.      Integration of BEEP into CAP

  We are going ahead with this. It was proposed a while ago and
there have been no objections. We hope to have something ready for
review by next month.

> 2.      Internationalization - impact on CAP

  Are there any impacts on CAP? Perhaps the impacts are only at the
data level, i.e., iCalendar?

> 3.      Update CAP draft for BEEP changes (re-number again?)

  Any update to an internet draft involves its number being incremented.

> 4.      Status of CAP re IETF in general (still Internet Draft?)

  Yes, its still an internet draft. We are working on a last call.

> 5.      Impact of XML discussions on CAP (does it? would it? should it?)

  As far as I know, there have been no such discussions. We are too
close to
last call.

> 6.      Solidify proposed iCalendar changes for integration into next draft of

  Yes, we need to compile a list of these changes. Its on the issues
list.

George

---

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:01:22 -0600

George,

Thanks - glad to see that.

A few suggestions.

One - can we link directly to the Issues list from the CALSCH main page -
the issues list is somewhat buried (I thought that IETF Documents meant -
"link to the IETF's website")

Two - I think that a date on the Issues list (and perhaps on each issue)
would be helpful. Both as an indication that the list is "up-to-date" and as
a reminder that some issues have been pending for a very long time (see "Add
CAP changes to iCalendar" for an example)

Three - if we get the mechanics of maintaining Issues lists clarified,
cleaned up, and more scripted than at present - I would suggest that the
maintainers of each list exchange best practices, tools, etc and start using
the same visual format, layout, and notes - should help drive action
forward.

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: George Babics [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 7:55 PM
To: Shannon J. Clark
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Issues list - CAP Oct 29th, 2001

George

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:20:16 -0500

> "link to the IETF's website")

  I'll change the links name. The link points to various calsched
documents.

> CAP changes to iCalendar" for an example)

  Good idea. I'll add a date to all the new issues and add the date the
document was last updated.

> the same visual format, layout, and notes - should help drive action

  What do you want to script? I simply use a text editor and send
an e-mail out the the mailing list whenever the document is updated.

  I am not sure I see a real value in having the same format and
layout.

George

---

From: "Shannon J. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:27:32 -0600

George,

Great - glad my suggestions are helpful.

In terms of having the issues in the same (or at least similar) format - my
thought would be that for people trying to navigate/orient through the
collected standards it would be helpful to know how to move between the
issues list, the mailing list, and the documents.

If we created tools that made it easy to link the issues list to specific
emails for example - I  would think that they would be helpful to each
document's editors.

In fact I am slightly surprised that there isn't already an IETF (perhaps
there is?) set of best practices and tools with regard to handling issues
lists/corrections/suggestions/changes to drafts - seems like something every
working group struggles with.

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: George Babics [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 8:20 PM
To: Shannon J. Clark
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Issues list - CAP Oct 29th, 2001

George

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:29:17 -0800 (PST)

> there have been no objections. We hope to have something ready for

I suppose it isn't surprising that I support this since I specifically brought
it up at the London meeting, but in any case I thought I should say that I'm
delighted to hear this is happening.

				Ned