Subject: Re: Email Archive at IMC website

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:42:03 -0400

> It appears that the email archive has been corrupted - large 
> sections of the past messages have somehow been overwritten by a 
> handful of email spams - who manages the IMC archive site? Perhaps 

That would be Paul Hoffman (mailto:[email-masked]).  Ill make sure he 
sees your note.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:00:48 -0400

>It appears that the email archive has been corrupted - large sections of 
the past messages have somehow
>been overwritten by a handful of email spams - who manages the IMC 
archive site? Perhaps it can be
>restored or rebuilt from other copies of the mailing list?
>
>http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/mail2.html - appears good, but look at mail5.html through
>mail12.html which are constant repetitions of a handful of spams.

No, there's real stuff in there, hidden among the spam.

Admittedly, I don't remember getting this many copies of the spam from the 
list in February 2000, but I suppose it could've been blocked at the list 
somehow, and still gotten into the archive.

John Stracke
Principal Engineer
Incentive Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]