Subject: RE: Question on calstore current time.

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:12:29 -0500

>The behavior that results from a VALARM is not part of the protocol. I 
hope
>that implementors will develop servers that can generate events based on
>VALARMS.

But, if the VALARM behavior isn't part of the protocol, how do you tell 
the server you want it?

Perhaps an external server that uses CAP to talk to the CS, and generate 
events to match?

/=======================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.|
|=======================================================|
|Unless. -- The Lorax                                   |
\=======================================================/

---

From: "Paul B. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:35:34 -0500

>...Perhaps an external server that uses CAP to talk to the CS, and generate
>events to match?

That sounds like the most generic solution.

>...But, if the VALARM behavior isn't part of the protocol, how do you tell
>the server you want it?

Like a full administrative interface, this aspect isn't getting standardized
at this time.