Subject: Re: CAP: Ordering of the components returned by the search command.

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:03:31 -0500

>> Shutting down debate because we want to be done soon 
>> is a good way to have the Last Call fail.
>
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I'm not saying much because I thought the goal was to get something out 
>by next week

The problem is that "getting something out" is not sufficient if someone 
who was suppressed comes back and tells the IESG that we don't have 
consensus after all.

Disagreeing with someone, and pointing out that we already had consensus 
on something, is fine.  (Consensus doesn't have to be unanimous, after 
all.) Telling them that they shouldn't be discussing something because we 
need to finish is Not Done.

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|Brought to you by the letter Q.                         |
\========================================================/