Subject: Re: CAP: VQUERY new MATCH operator

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:22:14 -0500

>> >But then I wouldn't have a way of only getting the VCAR
>> >VCAR component with "GRANT:a-user@realm" explicitly set.
>> 
>> OK, so when would that be useful?
>
>It would be useful to users and administrators to
>troubleshoot problems with VCAR components (e.g.,
>why user X can do this while user Y can't?).

It would be a little useful, but it would hardly be necessary--you can ask 
for all the VCARs that apply to X, and filter out the ones you don't want. 
 And adding a new operator to the query language is probably overkill for 
a rare case like this--how often are you going to be debugging your VCARs?

/==========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer       |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.  |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|==========================================================|
|"Where's your sense of adventure?" "Hiding under the bed."|
\==========================================================/