Subject: RE: CAP: LANGUAGE parameter

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:32:12 -0500

>Just a quick comment... how would you "know" which to use?

All of them are equivalent; you pick the one that best matches the user's 
locale.  I suppose, if you don't know the locale, you use the LOCATION 
instead of any of the ALT-LOCATIONs.

/===========================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer         |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.    |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.    |
|===========================================================|
|Sleep is for wimps--healthy, well-adjusted wimps, but wimps|
|nonetheless.                                               |
\===========================================================/

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:28:05 -0500

>We could invent something like ALT_LOCATION, ALT_SUMMARY, ...
>to mean alternate:

Yeah, this would be a good approach.

/===============================================================\
|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer             |
[email-masked]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.        |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.        |
|===============================================================|
|Dave Barry for President! He'll Keep Dan Quayle. (OK, it's old)|
\===============================================================/

---

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:31:27 -0500

>> Not without breaking compatibility with 2445.
>
>It would break iTIP, but I don' think that there are
>restriction tables in 2445.

It's in the ABNF, though.