Subject: Re: xCal Issues List (2002-02-18)

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:14:48 -0500

>Issue xCal-002 - Changing iCalendar name

>- The current view is to maintain, changing the
>  only the case. We may need a "prime driective" 
>  here.

As has been explained in the past, the Prime Directive is that xCal must 
be isomorphic to iCalendar; there must be an algorithm to translate back 
and forth, and that algorithm must work even for properties that were not 
defined at the time the algorithm was published.  Anything else is 
guaranteed to break interoperability.

/=============================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer          |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.     |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.     |
|=============================================================|
|Beware of wizards, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.|
\=============================================================/

---

From: "ericp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:48:49 -0500

Hi John,

unfortunately, when we were previously discussing the issue,
we had not reached consensus on the it. When CAP quites
down a little, we can try an resolve the issue.

Eric

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Stracke
> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 10:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: xCal Issues List (2002-02-18)
> 
> 
>

---

From: Gary Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:24:47 -0600

Does changing the case violate the Prime Directive?

VEVENT:... -> <vevent>... -> vevent:...

Gary