Subject: Re: CAP: Consensus?: Order In Which Scheduled Components AreProcessedIsSpecified In iTIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:05:37 -0500

Doug replied on 02/25/2002 04:35:08 PM:

> I never said iMIP (She is NOT using iTIP to mail me the requests;), I
> said iTIP.
> 
> She is doing iTIP, its just that the transport is CAP and not iMIP.

So CAP is a binding of iTIP??  I haven't seen that in any specs/talks and 
we abandoned iRIP to replace it with CAP.  CAP does more than iRIP (or 
iTIP) so I find this an interesting revelation...

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:59:28 -0500

Doug wrote on 02/25/2002 06:30:39 PM:
<BIG TIME DIGRESSION>
> Toss the 06 meaning of 'target' and use the 05 version of 'TARGET'.
> As John and I keep saying, there was never any consensus to
> change that, the 06 meaning is an error.

Too bad I dont keep archive copies of the drafts.  Also making it hard to 
do this is that we apparently have SEVERAL -06 drafts up on the WG site. 
We do not have any -05 copies to be had.   (I assume you mean that the -06 
submitted for the last IETF is suspect and not just the interim drafts of 
the same name SANS dates as we should expect)

CAP Editors: Can you put up a copy of the -05 Draft for those of us w/o 
complete archives of very interim draft ever written??  If need be Im sure 
John or Doug can provide a copy.

> I still want to rip out the remaining single xml command
> and make the CAP BEEP profile text/calendar only.

I would concur since there has been no WG discussion of a change of this 
magnitude AND we have consistantly said NO to adopting XML. 

Until I can get a clearer picture of the -05 + BEEP Ill hold my tongue on 
this bit and go and get some eats w/the family...
</BIG TIME DIGRESSION>

Bruce