Subject: RE: xCal Issues List (2002-02-18)

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:09:30 -0500

>unfortunately, when we were previously discussing the issue,
>we had not reached consensus on the it.

What's to discuss? It is a provable fact that anything other than an 
isomorphic mapping will break interoperability in the long run.  You can 
write all the Drafts you want, but the IETF will almost certainly not 
issue an RFC for a data format that fragments the interoperability space.

/===============================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|===============================================================|
|Dave Barry for President! He'll Keep Dan Quayle. (OK, it's old)|
\===============================================================/

---

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:31:00 -0500

> issue an RFC for a data format that fragments the interoperability space.

Judging by the experience with CPL, I think you can safely drop "almost"
there.  :-)

-- 
Jonathan Lennox
[email-masked]