Subject: New: "6.1.2 "get-capability" Command"

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:44:17 -0700

NOTE: The changes to 'car' and 'query-level' are to accommodate
the CRISP draft. However we can not mention that in this draft
because CRISP is not yet an RFC.

So when query-level AND car support are BOTH set to NONE,
then it is an iTIP only CS (CRISP CS). This will be in
the CRISP draft (John? correct?)

AND - We are moving some of the CS properties into
capabilities. So this may need to be updated again.

AND - It has been talked about on this list, so I added
a capability of 'components' to be the names of components
that the CS supports - blast me for adding it without explicit
debate - it can be easily removed as it is not yet committed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

6.1.2 "get-capability" Command

   Attributes:

         None

   Elements:

         None

   Response:

         "capability"

   The "get-capability" command returns information about the Calendar
   Server given the current state of the connection with the client.
   The values returned may differ depending on current user identify and
   the security level of the connection.

   Client implementations SHOULD NOT require any capability element
   beyond those defined in this specification, and MAY ignore any non-
   standard, experimental capability elements.  Non-standard
   experimental capability elements MUST be prefixed with the text "x-".
   The prefix SHOULD also include a vendor identifier.  For example, "x-
   foo-barcapability", for the non-standard "barcapability" capability
   of the vendor "foo".  It may return different results depending on
   the UPN.

       Capability   Occurs     Description
       -------------------------------------------------------
       cap            1          Container for CAP related elements.

       cap-version    1+         Version of CAP. MUST include at
                                 least "1.0" for this version of
                                 CAP.

         prodid       0 or 1     The product id of the CS.

         query-level  1+         Indicates level of SQL support.
                                 CAP-QL or NONE. (NONE is for
                                 CS's that allow ITIP methods
                                 only to be deposited and nothing
                                 else). If set to NONE, then the
                                 'car' capability MUST BE set to NONE.

         car          1+         Indicates level of CAR support.
                                 CAR-NONE, CAR-MIN or CAR-FULL-1.
                                 If CAR-FUL-1 is supplied then
                                 CAR-MIN MUST BE supplied. CAR = NONE
                                 MUST BE used when query-level of
                                 NONE is supplied. If 

         date-max     0 or 1     The datetime value in UTC beyond
                                 which the server cannot accept. If
                                 not specified the default is
                                 99991231T235959Z.

         date-min     0 or 1     The datetime value prior to which
                                 the server cannot accept. If not
                                 specified the default is
                                 00000101T000000Z.

         max-component-size
                      0 or 1     A positive integer value that specifies
                                 the size of the largest iCalendar
object          
                                 that the server will accept in octets.
                                 Objects larger than this will be
rejected.
                                 The absence of this attribute indicates
                                 no limit. This is also the maximum
value
                                 of any BEEP MSG payload the CS will
                                 accept.

       components      1         A comma seperated list of the names of
                                 components that this CS supports. This
                                 includes any components inside of
                                 other components (VALARM and VEVENT
                                 for example). MUST include at least
                                 VCALSTORE, VCALENDAR, and VAGENDA
                                 and at least one of VEVENT, VTODO,
                                 or VJORNAL.

         version      1+         Version of iCalendar support.
                                 MUST BE at least "2.0".
                                 supported.

       itip-version      1+      Version(s) of ITIP, MUST include at
                                 least "1.0".

   Example:

   C: MSG 1 6 . 3225 57
   C: Content-Type: application/beep+xml
   C:
   C: <get-capability/>
   C: END
   S: RPY 1 6 . 3282 423
   S: Content-Type: application/beep+xml
   S:
   S:
   S: <capability>
   S:  <version>2.0</version>
   S:  <max-component-size>65536</max-component-size>
   S:  <itip-version>1.0</itip-version>
   S:  <cap-version>1.0</cap-version>
   S:  <car>CAR-FULL-1</car><car>CAR-MIN</car.
   S:  <query-level>CAP-QL</query-level>
   S:  <date-min>00000101T000000Z</date-min>
   S:  <date-max>99991231T235959Z</date-max>
   S:  <components>
   S:   VCALSTORE,VAGENDA,VCALENDAR,VEVENT,X-my-vcomp,VALARM
   S:  </components>
   S: </capability>
   S: END

---

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:38:03 -0500

>    S:   VCALSTORE,VAGENDA,VCALENDAR,VEVENT,X-my-vcomp,VALARM

Since the capabilities are returned in XML,
let's use XML:

   S:  <component-list>
   S:   <component name="VCALSTORE"/>
   S:   <component name="VAGENDA"/>
   S:   <component name="VCALENDAR"/>
   S:   <component name="VEVENT"/>
   S:   <component name="X-my-vcomp"/>
   S:   <component name="VALARM"/>
   S:  </component-list>

Agree?

Regards,
Bernard
-- 
Bernard Desruisseaux                    mailto:[email-masked]
Research & Development                  Tel.  : +1 514 733-8500 x4213
Steltor                                 Fax   : +1 514 733-8878

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:39:22 -0700

>    S:   <component name="VALARM"/>

Yes!