Subject: Re: Initial connection to CAP server?

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:54:31 -0500

Using the search command with the calstore as the target and
the following query:

	SELECT RELCALID FROM VAGENDA WHERE OWNER = SELF()

Should return the calendar(s) owned by the user.

"Shannon J. Clark" wrote:
> 
> A question occurred to me about initial connections to a Calendar Server:
> 
> How does a user learn what their Calendar is? i.e. the first time a user
> connects to a given CS and validates identity in some manner - how do they
> learn what their Calendar Address is?
> 
> Shannon
> 
> Shannon J. Clark
> President - JigZaw, Inc
> 1.800.4.JIGZAW (454.4929)
> [email-masked]
> www.jigzaw.com

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:45:11 -0700

>         SELECT RELCALID FROM VAGENDA WHERE OWNER = SELF()

There is no list of properties for a "VAGENDA".

Do we need to rename "10.2 Calendar Properties
" ?

---

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:24:15 -0500

> Do we need to rename "10.2 Calendar Properties

  Yes I believe so, the descriptions of the properties PARENT and 
RELCALID suggest that the section refers to VAGENDA. 

Note: to be consistent with other components, it seems that the 
property TOMBSTONE should be replaced by METHOD:DELETE.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 12:11:39 -0700

> property TOMBSTONE should be replaced by METHOD:DELETE.

Do you mean change TOMBSTONE to METHOD, and that may have a
A value of DELETE or CREATE ?

---

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:51:52 -0500

> A value of DELETE or CREATE ?

  Initially I was not thinking of the value METHOD:CREATE 
(or BOOKED which ever is chosen). But yes it seems logical,
VAGENDAs can be searched, created, deleted and modified with 
the same commands as other components. I don't see why the 
concept of marked as deleted should be expressed differently.

The same principle probably applies to stored VQUERYs.