Subject: Re: RFC-2445: Re: CAP: LANGUAGE parameter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:09:02 -0500

Doug shot back:

> No - the debate was over adding new PROPERTIES, your
> quote adds parameters.

The thread started on parameters and digressed to properties as you note but the ABNF still covers it.  In case you haven't seen it 
lately its:

                ; the following are optional,
                ; and MAY occur more than once

[Snip]
                resources / rdate / rrule / x-prop

                )

on VEVENTs and similar on others...    So, we are still covered!  If you 
decided to make a NEW property that digresses from the standard ABNF model 
of "optional and more than once" then go ahead and shot your self in the 
head, its your bad not mine.

> I could make it a mess to do that using a parameter with more
> than two languages.

The mess comes in how you try to link ALT-xxx to a property of a similar 
name as being the alternate rendering.  Thats an implicit assumption Id 
hate to deal with for sure...

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:28:06 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> The thread started on parameters and digressed to properties as you
> note but the ABNF still covers it.  In case you haven't seen it lately
> its:

Welcome to follow the IETF thread :-)
Much like musical chairs, but painfully long.