Subject: New "4.1.4 Example, Query by UID"

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:33:05 -0700

4.1.4 Example, Query by UID

   The following example would match the entire content of the VEVENT
   or VTODO with the UID property equal to "uid123" and not expand
   any multiple instances of the component.  If the CUA does not know
   if "uid123" was a VEVENT, VTODO, VJOURNAL, or any other component,
   then all components that the CUA supports MUST be supplied in a
   QUERY property.  This example assumes the CUA only supports VTODO and
   VEVENT.

   If the results were empty it could also mean that "uid123" was a
   property in a component other than a VTODO or VEVENT.

   BEGIN:VQUERY
   QUERY:SELECT * FROM VTODO WHERE UID = 'uid123'
   QUERY:SELECT * FROM VEVENT WHERE UID = 'uid123'
   END:VQUERY

   The following example would match the entire content of the component
   with the UID property equal to "uid123" and would expand any
   instances of the component after applying any recurrence rules.  This
   query could select multiple instances of components each with the
   same UID.  Each instance would have a unique RECURRENCE-ID of the
   expanded component.

   BEGIN:VQUERY
   EXPAND:TRUE
   QUERY:SELECT * FROM VEVENT WHERE UID = 'uid123'
   QUERY:SELECT * FROM VTODO WHERE UID = 'uid123'
   END:VQUERY