Subject: Re: Event owner in ICAL schema

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:51:40 -0500

>Yes - but still not for VFREEBUSY or VTIMESZONE, (others?).

Mmm, you wouldn't store VFREEBUSY within a CS; you'd fetch it as part of a 
scheduling process.  And VTIMEZONE doesn't need an owner because it 
doesn't apply to a person, it applies to the other components in the same 
VCALENDAR.

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|I'm a .sig virus...and, boy, am I tired!                |
\========================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:34:18 -0700

John Stracke wrote:
> Mmm, you wouldn't store VFREEBUSY within a CS;

You can. A CUA can VQUERY for a VFREEBUSY that a CUA
has deposited into the CS.

There is no formula for computing VFREEBUSY, so it is conceivable
that the OWNER would deposit a VFREEBUSY in their calendar(s) so that
any VFREEEBUSY query would return that result.

It is also possible that some implementations may calculate
one based on the TRANSP property, but there is no requirement
they any CS do that.

> you'd fetch it as part of a

True - and our point.