Subject: Consensus? BEEP commands

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:59:39 -0700

Aside from the empty reply debate. I think we have consensus
on my last proposal: (#2) Byte reduction in BEEP commands.

So as it is going to change little bits all over CAP.
I am going to not send out another copy of that proposal
and I don't think I need to send the exact text. Just
view:

	http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg04199.html

So - if there are not objections, I'll add/tweak CAP to
make those changes soon.

---

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 12:39:28 -0500

> So - if there are not objections, I'll add/tweak CAP to

I understand that such a change, may involve too many 
modifications to send every details to the list (and 
still reach our goal for the last call).

However I'm not sure we have consensus on all aspects.

Before modifying the draft could you send the new suggested
XML DTD for CAP commands, and complete example of each 
commands and the associated response (including the "move" 
command), they could be the one from the draft (they'll
need to be adjusted anyway). 

--
Patrice.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:09:40 -0700

[FYI - do to a local router down, I have been offline all day]

> still reach our goal for the last call).

Thanks!

> However I'm not sure we have consensus on all aspects.

I agree but I think we are close.
- it won't be too late to change, but at this point I think we
all need everything in the draft before blasting me :-)

> need to be adjusted anyway).

The examples of the new commands were in the text I sent.
For them most part they are one line <cmd.../> 
With the optional latency and cmdid and when sending
iCalendar data followed by CDATA

	<cmd ...>
	 CDATA
	</cmd>

DTD - I am not a DTD expert - I was hoping to get the text
close then get some help with DTD's.

---

From: Patrice Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 09:35:42 -0500

> iCalendar data followed by CDATA

  The samples in the text were skeletons and didn't include the
move command or the responses. If we are really so close to a 
consensus it shouldn't be a problem.

  Coming up with examples doesn't require additional work, the
ones from the draft would need to be updated anyway.

---

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:17:29 -0500

> iCalendar data followed by CDATA

Send the examples on the list before adding them to the
draft.  What was sent is not sufficient for us to agree.

> close then get some help with DTD's.

Sure.

Regards,
Bernard
-- 
Bernard Desruisseaux                    mailto:[email-masked]
Research & Development                  Tel.  : +1 514 733-8500 x4213
Steltor                                 Fax   : +1 514 733-8878