Subject: CAP: Remove Editors Notes

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:59:23 -0500

I have will removes all the editors notes form CAP.

They are:

[Editors Note:  TODO - get the lower port number ]

  Doug is handling the port number. It is already on the list
of outstanding items.

[EDITORS NOTE: Issues:
Can one use DELETE to remove all VALARMs and VTIMEZONEs that
 match a certain search criteria and that belong to all
components, event though VALARMs and VTIMEZONEs never exist as
independent components? Or should one use MODIFY? If they can
be deleted, do we return the REQUEST-STATUS of their deletion
in a VEVENT or separately? 

I believe this one has already been answered on the list.
Anyone remember the reply?

[EDITORS NOTE: Issue: does write access to a VAGENDA give you
the right to move a calendar into it?

I think the answer is yes?

[EDITORS NOTE: need to make a pass through the iTIP restriction
tables to make sure that there are no problems with using them
as they exist]

[EDITORS NOTE: Do we want to use the same set of codes?]

??

[EDITORS NOTE: These extensions/changes to iCalendar need to
be reformatted to conform to the IANA registration process
defined in section 7 of [RFC2445].]

This is in progress and is on our list of outstanding items.

[Editor's Note: see if the above still make sense after
reviewing the VCARs in ICAL-updates.html doc]

 VCARs are currently being discussed on the list.

[EDITORS NOTE: hopefully, calid is defined somewhere...]

  On our list of outstanding items and is currently being discussed.

[EDITORS NOTE: John Stracke to review any updates]

  On our list of outstanding items and is currently being discussed.

George

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:18:21 -0700

>   Doug is handling the port number. It is already on the list

Hearing no objections - I start work on this tomorrow.

> in a VEVENT or separately?

I think you can delete or modify anything in the CS.
So yes. Which one will depend on the CUA - I think there
is no prefered method.

I would think that it would be the same as when deleting or 
modifying any other set of data.

> I think the answer is yes?

MOVE of calendars is dead - as there is no more requirement
for PARENT/CHILD.