Subject: CAP Consensus

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:26:52 -0800

Folks,

We have several open issues on CAP. We need to reach consensus on the
resolutions to these issues so that we can bring the CAP draft to
working group last call by IETF 53.  The editors will send out proposals
for the resolutions between now and Feb 14 so that you'll have time to
review them. "CAP Consensus:" will appear in the subject line of these
proposals so that you can easily spot them. If there's consensus on the
proposals, it needs to be clear to our chairs (Pat and Bob). So please
post your support or dissent to the list. Don't assume that silence
means assent. We need all your feedback by the Feb 22 so that the
editors will have time to get the typing done on the CAP draft.

We're not suggesting that consensus will be forced by Feb 22.  We're
simply emphasizing that in order to get to last call by IETF 53, we need
consensus on all the issues by then.

We've been working on CAP to a long time and we're almost there. Please
help us by actively participating in resolving the remaining issues.

-Steve