Subject: Re: CAP: Consensus?: Order In Which Scheduled Components Are ProcessedIsSpecified In iTIP

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:09:19 -0500

>My AA uses CAP to "schedule" the entrys everyones calendar.  She is
>NOT using iTIP to mail me the requests; she is using CAP.  She does
>NOT "book" them, I dont allow her to!  As such, this is different
>from using iTIP (ie: iMIP really) in that CAP is used to put the
>entry where my CUA finds it, NOT iTIP/iMIP.

Wrong.  When your AA puts an iTIP message into your CS, she is putting 
that message where your CUA will see it--in effect, she is sending it to 
your CUA.  This is *exactly* like sending you an iMIP message, and your 
CUA should react to it *exactly* the same way.

The message is still an iTIP message, Independent of the Transport 
Protocol that was used to get it to you.  If it's not an iTIP message, 
then it's just a VEVENT booked into your calendar.  Those are the only 
options.

/=============================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer          |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.     |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.     |
|=============================================================|
|I used to belong to a solipsism club, but I got bored & voted|
|everybody else out.                                          |
\=============================================================/