Subject: CAP draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:42:18 -0400

Has everyone responded to the list regarding CAP changes? We would like to 
submit the draft so it can be reviewed by everyone in the IETF.  Now is 
your chance - if you object, say so.  If you do not have objections or we 
do not hear on the list, we're submitting the draft.  Thanks.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

---

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:22:50 -0400

Isn't it a bit too early to submit the draft?

  I think there were many changes done recently in Doug's working
document that were not discussed nor agreed to on the list, should
we take the time to review, comment and adjust them? If I am not
mistaken, before posting a new draft the chairs should ask or
declare consensus for each one the proposed changes. Was that done
for these changes?

George

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Has everyone responded to the list regarding CAP changes? We would like to submit the draft so it can be reviewed by everyone in the IETF.  Now is your chance - if you object, say so.  If you do not
> have objections or we do not hear on the list, we're submitting the draft.  Thanks.
> ___________________
> Patricia Egen Consulting
> www.egenconsulting.com
> 423-875-2652

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:38:15 -0600

>   Isn't it a bit too early to submit the draft?

The cut-off is Monday at 9AM EST. This is (was) the last
business day.

> document that were not discussed nor agreed to on the list,

Only one was not discussed - the BEEP 'serverName', but it was
posted and has not been officially published. All of the other
items have been discussed on the list.

Agreed: Almost all of the changes have some disagreement. We don't
have to agree - we have to have consensus.

> should
> we take the time to review, comment and adjust them?

The editors do have access to the latest unpublished version,
so at this point only the editors can provide input - until
it is published. I have made *several* more small edits
in the last week or so since the un-official post of the draft.
The editors still have full access to the text.

> If I am not mistaken, before posting a new draft the chairs
> should ask or declare consensus for each one the proposed changes.
> Was that done for these changes?

Not for each change, that would take decades.