Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: I did a checkin of CAP]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:04:20 -0400

Doug, thanks for the summary of the CAP changes you made.  List, please 
take the time to review the draft and post any issues/agreements so that 
we can move it along.  There were a lot of comments made on the list over 
the last several months.  We need to make sure Doug has covered all of 
them.  If there are sections that are missing, speak up.  If there are 
sections that need re-wording, speak up.  If it looks OK as is, speak up 
as well.  When people step up to do editing, that is just what they are 
doing - editing - putting down on paper their intrepretation of what is on 
the list. Note that Doug has mentioned one area that was not on the list. 
Please take the time to read that part of the draft - Doug, please  post 
the specific text of that section of the draft to the list.  Let's make it 
convenient for everyone to specifically read that text. 

Again, we thank everyone for their support and work reading these drafts. 
And remember, until they become RFCs they are still drafts - ie. documents 
in progress.  Let's make this a document we all like and let's move it 
along.  I actually think I see some light at the end of the tunnel.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:05:45 -0600

[email-masked] wrote:
> ... - Doug, please  post the specific
> text of that section of the draft to the list.

I updated the definition of CSID. I included how it ties
to he BEEP 'serverName' value:

  CSID -  Each CS needs its own unique identifier.  The "CSID" property
   is the official unique identifier for the CS.  If the BEEP
   'serverName' attribute was suppled in the BEEP 'start' message,
   then the CSID will be mapped to the virtual host name supplied and
   the host name part of the CSID MUST BE the same as the
   'serverName' value.  This allows one CS implementation to service
   multiple virtual hosts.  CS's are not required to support virtual
   hosting.  If a CS does not support virtual hosting then it must
   ignore the BEEP 'serverName'.  (Section 7.5)