Subject: TZID conflict

From: JP Rosevear <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 06:48:24 -0400

According to the spec, the TZID property is of type TEXT meaning it can
include things like a comma (which is escaped).  However, a TZID
parameter cannot contain the comma character (as well as several others)
because it can only include characters of type paramtext which
explicitly excludes the comma and allows no escaping mechanism.

The upshot is you can specify a TZID property that can never be
referenced by the TZID parameter of DTSTART et al.

-JP
-- 
--
=======================================================================
JP Rosevear				[email-masked]
Ximian Inc.				http://www.ximian.com

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:39:32 -0600

> explicitly excludes the comma and allows no escaping mechanism.

IN 2445: 

   4.1.1 List and Field Separators

	...
   Property parameters with values containing a COLON, a SEMICOLON or a
   COMMA character MUST be placed in quoted text.
	...

Does that solve the problem?