Subject: Re: Reply to a command by a command?

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:29:47 -0400

>In my opinion, it doesn't makes sense to reply to a command
>by a command!  REPLY being a command, should one reply to
>this command as well?

Of course not--"one" in this case is the CUA, which never replies.

/==============================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer           |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.      |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.      |
|==============================================================|
|"Dinner Special: Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children|
|$2.00."                                                       |
\==============================================================/

---

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:42:20 -0400

> Of course not--"one" in this case is the CUA, which never replies.

Perhaps you should read Doug's big proposal.

From section 8.5 GET-CAPABILITY Command:

>  The CS MAY send a GET-CAPABILITY command to any CUA.  The GET-
>  CAPABILITY command MAY be implemented by a CUA.

If the CUA receives a command (CMD), it is only
normal to presume that the CUA should reply.

Cheers,
Bernard
-- 
Bernard Desruisseaux                    mailto:[email-masked]
Research & Development                  Tel.  : +1 514 733-8500 x4213
Steltor                                 Fax   : +1 514 733-8878