Subject: Diffs - ftp://royer.com/pub/CALSCH/cap.txt

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:01:17 -0600

I have edited several changes into CAP. Mostly fixing the quoting
and capitalization.  Plus some of the minor changes that have
been discussed on the net.

After this, I am starting to modify CAP as noted on this WG list.

The -b rev of 09 is at (Note -09 is not yet pushed, -09b was
the last published on the WG list only):

	http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b.txt

The current changes in context diff format are at:

	http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b-diffs.txt

And as it currently looks (cap-09-b.txt + diffs):

	http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b-1.txt

--->> More changes on the way...

-- 
-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug

---

From: Andrea Campi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:28:03 +0200

> been discussed on the net.

A brief list of minor things (relative to cap-09-b-1.txt):

 - line 720 has a stray comma:

In the case of "SEARCH", command 

 - line 760 has a stray comma:

However other "Attendees", may have

 - line 902 has a repetition ('the the'), but it could probably be
rephrased - or even better, copied from line 4018:

   TRANSP -  This is a modification the the [iCAL] "TRANSP" property and
      it allows more values.  The new values are related to conflict
      control.  (Section 7.25)

 - line 936 has a typo (I think)

The "VQUERY" value type is used to fetch objects from the

   shouldn't this be:

The "VQUERY" component is used to fetch objects from the

 - line 974 has a repetition ('then ... then'):

Then if the CUA wished to book the UID, then the CUA would issue a

 - line 1587 has an extra space ('component s'):

 Decreed "VCAR" component s MUST BE readable by the calendar owner in

 - line 2099 has a stray (IMHO) "current":

the owners of the current calendar that matches the
   provided "TARGET" property value.

 - line 2412 has a wrong (probably stale) reference to "next section",
in addition, the sentence shouldn't start with 'And':

   And see the examples in the next section (IN).

Should be:

   See the examples in the section 6.1.1.13.

 - line 3211 lacks a verb:

If not specified, the default the
   first value 

 - line 3222 (but also elsewhere):

   If a charset name contains a comma (,), then that comma must be
   backslashed escaped in the value.

This is useless, as the type is TEXT. [iCAL] already states this
in 4.3.11 so IMHO this sentence should be removed.

 -line 3746 has a typo:

Description: A "QUERYID" proprety

 - line 3980 has two typos:

It its value is a capurl as defended in
   Section 5.

 - line 5228 has a typo

 "VAGENDA" components s

 - line 6259 has a repetition (is is):

   If the "REQUEST-STATUS" property value is  is "2.0", then the entire

Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to look at the proposals that are
not yet incorporated in the new draft. For now, I saw GET-CAPABILITY
was updated to say:

   A CUA MUST send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to a CS after the initial
   connection.  The "GET-CAPABILITY" command MUST BE implemented by all
   CSs.

   The CS MAY send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to any CUA.  The "GET-
   CAPABILITY" command MAY be implemented by a CUA.  If the CUA does not
   support the "GET-CAPABILITY" commmand then the CUA must return a not
   implemented reply.

However, I was under the impression that what we had agree on was more
like (look for the ***):

   A CUA MUST send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to a CS after the initial
   connection.  The "GET-CAPABILITY" command MUST BE implemented by all
   CSs.

   The CS ***MUST*** send a "GET-CAPABILITY" command to any CUA.  The "GET-
   CAPABILITY" command ***MUST*** be implemented by a CUA.  If the CUA does not
   support the "GET-CAPABILITY" commmand then the CUA must return a not
   implemented reply.

Actually, of the two ***, in the latter I wanted to keep MAY while
Doug and other argued for the MUST; over the former however it seemed
to me we all were in strong agreement.

Again, more on this tomorrow (with MessageIDs).

Bye,
	Andrea

-- 
Andrea Campi                              mailto:[email-masked]
I.NET S.p.A. - BT Ignite                  http://www.inet.it
Technical Dept. - R&D			  phone: +39 02 32863 ext 1
v. Darwin, 85 - I-20019			  fax: +39 02 32863 ext 7705
Settimo Milanese (MI), Italy

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:21:09 -0600

Andrea Campi wrote:
 > ...

Fixed in my copy ...

> in 4.3.11 so IMHO this sentence should be removed.

I left the above in because it kept being asked on the list.

As to the text below, I think you are correct. The CS MUST send
the GET-CAPABILITY, and a CUA MAY return not-implemented.

THANKS!

-