Subject: Editorial suggestion for 2.1 New Value Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:19:48 -0500

In catching up on the recent postings I looked at Section 2.1 and found 
the first bits a bit hard to eyeball and read.  In particular:

   UPN The UPN value type is text value type restricted to only UPN
      values.  (Section 6.1.2)

   UPN-FILTER Like the UPN value type, but also includes filter rules
      that allow wildcards.  (Section 6.1.3)

   CALQUERY The "CAL-QUERY" (Section 6.1.1) value type is a query syntax
      that is used by the CUA to specify the rules that apply to a CAP
      command.  In the case of "SEARCH", the query language is used to
      fetch objects from the CS.  When used with "DELETE", the selected
      objects are deleted from the CS.  "CAL-QUERY" can also be used
      with "MOVE" and "MODIFY".

The sentences seemed to blur.  When I saw Section 2.1.1 New Parameters I 
was able to scan it easier. Id like to suggest changing the format of the 
above to be:

   UPN
      The UPN value type is text value type restricted to only UPN
      values.  (Section 6.1.2)

   UPN-FILTER
      Like the UPN value type, but also includes filter rules
      that allow wildcards.  (Section 6.1.3)

   CALQUERY
      The "CAL-QUERY" (Section 6.1.1) value type is a query syntax
      that is used by the CUA to specify the rules that apply to a CAP
      command.  In the case of "SEARCH", the query language is used to
      fetch objects from the CS.  When used with "DELETE", the selected
      objects are deleted from the CS.  "CAL-QUERY" can also be used
      with "MOVE" and "MODIFY".

If you want to be totally consistant you can also put hyphens at the end 
of the 'header' lines like in 2.1.1.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...