Subject: 1.3. Definitions

From: Andrea Campi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:55:35 +0200

Hi Doug,

in 1.3 we have:

A marked for delete component is set to the "DELETE" state. To retrieve 
any deleted object, simply do a query asking for any objects that were 
stored in the "DELETED" state. By default objects marked for delete are 
not returned. The CUA must specifically ask for marked for delete 
objects.

In <[email-masked]> I said:

 > It might not be obvious but in addition to this, a query MUST NOT 
return objects in the DELETED
 > state and in other  states, as there would be no way to distinguish 
between them. I wonder if this
 > warrants a brief note here.

In <[email-masked]> you agree, and there was no objection.

What about:

A marked for delete component is set to the "DELETE" state. To retrieve 
any deleted object, simply do a query asking for any objects that were 
stored in the "DELETED" state. By default objects marked for delete are 
not returned. The CUA must specifically ask for marked for delete 
objects. Note that you can't ask for components in the "DELETE" state 
and in other states, as there would be no way to distinguish between 
them in the reply.

Bye,
	Andrea

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:33:28 -0600

If there are no objections, I'll add the 'Note':

  ...
  You can not query for components in the "DELETED" state and in other
  states in the same "VQUERY" component, as there would be no way
  to distinguish between them in the reply.

Andrea Camp wrote:
> not returned. The CUA must specifically ask for marked for delete objects.
> 

-- 
-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug