Subject: Bad ABNF in 9.3 GET-CAPABILITY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:26:14 -0500

In catching up on stuff I looked at the latest draft at 
http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b.txt and noticed an ABNF bug.  Under 
Section 9.3 GET-CAPABILITY Command is the ABNF:

     get-capability-cmd   = capibiltyparam ":" "GET-CAPABILITY"

        genuidparam     = *(

                        ; the following are optional,
                        ; but MUST NOT occur more than once

                          id-param
                        / localize-param
                        / latency-param

                        ; the following MUST occur exactly once and only
                        ; when the latency-param has been supplied and
                        ; MUST NOT be supplied if the latency-param is
                        ; not supplied.

                        / action-param

                        ; the following is optional,
                        ; and MAY occur more than once

                        / (";" xparam)

                        )

Unfortunately the genuidparam in the text is a duplicate of the text from 
Section 9.2 above it.  There does not seem to be any ABNF for 
capibiltyparam.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...