Subject: COMPONENTS [Was Re: GET-CAPABILITY - reply]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:16:39 -0500

WRT COMPONENTs in GET-CAPABILITY, Doug proposed:

    COMPONENTS       1      A comma separated list of the names of
                            components that are supported. This
                            includes any components inside of
                            other components (VALARM for example).
                            MUST include at least VCALSTORE, VCALENDAR,
                            VREPLY, and VAGENDA and at least one of 
VEVENT,
                            VTODO, VTIMEZONE, or VJOURNAL. The defalt
                            is "VCALSTORE,VCALENDAR,VREPLY,VAGENDA,
                            VEVENT,VALARM,VTIMEZONE"

The last line is not gramatically correct.  It should start with something 
like "This list MUST include..."

Also, is there any reason why the 'base' components of VTODO and VJOURNAL 
are not also in the default list?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:29:22 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
>                            VREPLY, and VAGENDA and at least one of VEVENT,
> The last line is not gramatically correct.  It should start with 
> something like "This list MUST include..."

No, there is no such MUST. It is correct.
The default value for COMPONENTS is (as listed...).

> Also, is there any reason why the 'base' components of VTODO and 
> VJOURNAL are not also in the default list?

Nope.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:05:43 -0500

VEVENT,
> The default value for COMPONENTS is (as listed...).

Your sentence is technically accurate.  Its not gramatically correct.  You 
dont start a sentence with "MUST include...", you have no subject.

> > VJOURNAL are not also in the default list?

Are you going to add them then??

Bruce

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:39:29 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> Your sentence is technically accurate.  Its not gramatically correct. 
>  You dont start a sentence with "MUST include...", you have no subject.

Thank you - I thought you were talking about the LAST sentence.
I agree - fixed in my copy with "It MUST...". Fixed several
other places also where it started with "MUST".

> Are you going to add them then??

I could :-)

-- 
-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug