Subject: GET-CAPABILITY - No more QUERY-LEVEL?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:09:39 -0500

In catching up the proposed CAP changes (and draft skewage) I see that the 
latest proposal posted has no QUERY-LEVEL as part of GET-CAPABILITY but 
the draft at http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b.txt does.  Was there 
recent talk of droping this from the draft that I missed or was this an 
oversight?

If QUERY-LEVEL: NONE is no more then what is the functional replacement 
for it?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:32:50 -0700

This text *IS* in the latest draft (and all versions that I can find
have at least one of the versions of):

    QUERY-LEVEL       1     Indicates level of SQL support. The default
                            is CAL-QL-1 and CAL-QL-NONE can be supplied.
                            (CAL-QL-NONE is for CS's that allow ITIP
                            methods only to be deposited and nothing else).
                            The default value is CAL-QL-1.

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> In catching up the proposed CAP changes (and draft skewage) I see that 
> the latest proposal posted has no QUERY-LEVEL as part of GET-CAPABILITY 
> but the draft at http://inet-consulting.com/cap-09-b.txt does.  Was 
> there recent talk of droping this from the draft that I missed or was 
> this an oversight?
> 
> Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]

-- 
-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:21:37 -0500

>                             The default value is CAL-QL-1.

Too many copies floating around.  In the 09-2 draft it got moved from 
being next to CAR-LEVEL to being a page further on so it seemed to 
disappear (compared to the 09-b and 09 drafts I had).  Mea culpa in not 
doing a deeper scan.  Sorry.

BTW: I think you had a Freudian slip when you say "level of _SQL_ 
support".  You should say "level of _CAP-QL_ support" since we are not 
strict SQL.

Second editorial comment: Why put parenthesis around the 3rd sentence?  It 
does not need them.

Bruce

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:51:57 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> Second editorial comment: Why put parenthesis around the 3rd sentence? 
>  It does not need them.

Both fixed - thanks!