Subject: Sections 7 And 8: Comments And Fixes

From: George Babics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:38:48 -0500

ALLOW-CONFLICT Property

 > Description: This property is used to indicate whether components may
 > conflict.  That is, if their expanded instances may share the same
 > time or overlap the same time periods.  If it has a value of TRUE,
 > then conflicts are allowed.  If FALSE, the no two components may
                                           ^
                                          then

DEFAULT-CHARSET

 > Description: In a "VAGENDA" component, this property is used to
 > indicate the charset of calendar.  If not specified, the default the
                                                                   ^
                                                                   is

 > If a charset name contains a comma (,), then that comma must be
 > backslashed escaped in the value.

   Is the fact that a comma needs to be escaped already part of
the definition of the "text" value type in iCalendar?

 > 7.12 EXPAND property

 > Property Name: EXPAND

 > Purpose: This property is to notify the CS if it should or should not
 > expand any component with recurrence rules into multiple instances in
 > a query reply.

   should we perhaps say "in a reply to a query"?

EXPAND

   Should we use the value type of boolean in the ABNF?

 > 8.6 VQUERY Component

 >  The "QUERYID" property specifies the local identifier for a stored
 > "VQUERY" component.  The "NAME" property specifies a localizeable
 > display name of a stored "VQUERY" component.  Normally "NAME" and
 > "QUERYID" properties are used when looking for a correct stored
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                    correctly stored?
 > "VQUERY" component, or when storing a "VQUERY" component.

Sections 8.4, 8.5, and 8.6 are missing an example?

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:07:44 -0700

> the definition of the "text" value type in iCalendar?

Yes - However multi-value and multi-instance had a lot of debate
a year or so ago, so I wanted to make it clear. I can remove it.

Thanks - I will fix the typos tonight.

And not all sections need examples - Pat? Bob? I thought
we wanted to remove as many examples as possible?

-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:03:38 -0500

> we wanted to remove as many examples as possible?

That would mean removing all examples if you take it to the extreme. 
However, as one who detests those that live by example alone I do think 
that having some examples is good.  For example, the big batch that Frank 
put in 2445 for the recurrence rule are good and helped cover lots of 
bases (although not all).

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...