Subject: Re: ATT-COUNTER added to CAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:45:27 -0500

Doug wrote on 10/30/2002 11:43:18 AM:
> (1) ATT-COUNT does not exist in iMIP, so you iTIP client would
>      have never added it.

ATTCOUNTER should be added to iCalendar/iTIP/iMIP w/o CAP as its also 
needed in those places even w/o CAP.   It was supposed to be proposed & 
added back in 2000 but the ball got dropped...

>      So given what ALL current iMIP implementaions would send
>      something like:

Not all.  Check out the COUNTERs I sent during CC3.

>       From: [email-masked]
>       To: [email-masked]
>       Subject: Counter proposal for that conf. call
>       Content-Type: text/calendar; method=counter
> 
>       ...
>       METHOD:COUNTER
>       ...
>       ORGANIZER:mailto:[email-masked]
>       ATTENDEE;SENT-BY="[email-masked]"
>        ;CN="Bruce Kahn/NotesDev/IBM":mailto:[email-masked]
>       ATTENDEE;SENT-BY="[email-masked]"
>        ;CN="Other Guy/NotesDev/IBM":mailto:[email-masked]
>       ATTENDEE:mailto:[email-masked]
> 
>      The CUA would add the ATT-COUNTER property to the object by
>      using the 'e-mail From address' and set it to:

Not if its going to be in iTIP/iMIP.  The value for ATTCOUNTER property 
should be the same as that for ATTENDEE, a CAL-ADDRESS.  In the iTIP/iMIP 
case it would be a mailto URI but in CAP it could/would be some other form 
of address.

Also, your SENT-BY values are not iTIP valid, they need to be MAILTO URIs 
as well.  SENT-BY is also a CAL-ADDRESS valued property parameter.  See 
Section 4.2.18 Sent By of 2445.

Third, there is NO SENT-BY added to the "Other Guy/NotesDev/IBM" address 
since the AA is responding on MY behalf, not his.  They _may_ be the AA 
for both of us but they are _responding_ on my behalf w/this message, not 
BOTH of us.

>      What would the LANG, CN, and SENT-BY be set to in the ATT-COUNTER
>      property?

The same role they play on ATTENDEE.  In the case where I send the COUNTER 
it would be my CN="Bruce Kahn/NotesDev/IBM" value that I share w/my 
ATTENDEE property.  As for LANG, I refer you to 2445, Section 4.8.4.1 
Attendee:

                                                If the LANGUAGE property
   parameter is specified, the identified language applies to the CN
   parameter.

(top of page 103).  If I were Swedish or had some accented characters in 
my CN I certainly would want them to render properly...

As for SENT-BY on the COUNTER, its ONLY there if my AA did the COUNTER for 
me and it would have their cal-address in it as I previously showed. 

Remember that on the COUNTER the Organzier should be using the ATTCOUNTER 
info to determine counter proposed, NOT use the ATTENDEE properties since 
its possible that the COUNTER also removed the CU that sent it ("Invite 
Tom Ransdell to this meeting instead of me.")

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:20:48 -0700

> Not all.  Check out the COUNTERs I sent during CC3.

So you added an X-property?

>
> 
> Not if its going to be in iTIP/iMIP.

No where in CAP does it say that - I did not say that.

-- 
-
Doug Royer                       Work: (208)612-INET
[email-masked]                   Fax:  (866)594-8574
http://INET-Consulting.com       Cell: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug