Subject: 1.3 Defintions: User Principal Name

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:02:57 -0500

In recomparing my comments from the 07 draft to the 09-submitted draft I 
see that this was still not clear.  The draft says in part:

   User Principal Name (UPN) -  A unique identifier that denotes a CU or
      a group of CU.  A UPN is a RFC 822 compliant email address, with
      exceptions listed below, and in most cases it is deliverable to
      the CU.

Its unclear what "is deliverable to the CU" means since a UPN is "A unique 
identifier" and is not an actual message or other object that can be 
'delivered'.

Also, just to be clear is the "group of CU" referred to in the 1st line 
the same as the "User Group (UG)" that is defined 2 terms above UPN?  If 
so, why not use "User Group" in the text?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...