Subject: Re: GET-CAPABILITY - reply

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:58:05 -0500

Doug wrote on 10/31/2002 01:38:46 PM:
> Thanks - I have changed the text to:
> 
>    When the CUA does not support sending a "GET-CAPABILITY"
>    reply, then the CS MUST assume the defaults listed below.
>    The following properties are returned in response to
>    a "GET-CAPABILITY" command:
>
> Better?

Crossing the threads a bit here but NO its not.  I think that both sides 
MUST support GET-CAPABILITY and that defaults are a bad thing.  This is 
Day One design work and Ive yet to hear a good justification for NOT 
making boths sides support GET-CAPABILITY but Ive given several why they 
should.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...