Subject: CAP/BEEP: Establishing a session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:19:36 -0500

According to RFC 3030 (Section 2.5.1 Session Management) a mapping 
document like CAP should provide:

                                            A mapping document must
   define:

   o  how a BEEP session is established;

I just rescanned the CAP 09-submitted draft and do not see any such info 
in it.  Did I overlook it or has it not been added?  Im assuming it will 
be somewhere in the TBD part of:

12.1 BEEP Profile Registration

   TBD

but I wanted to check just in case.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Lawrence Greenfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:32:07 -0500

From: [email-masked]
   Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:19:36 -0500

   [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
   According to RFC 3030 (Section 2.5.1 Session Management) a mapping 
   document like CAP should provide:

[I presume you mean RFC 3080.]

A "mapping document" for BEEP is mapping BEEP onto a lower network
layer. In CAP's case, this is done by RFC 3081, which defines uses
BEEP on top of TCP.

A "BEEP profile" is what CAP is, and that's what 12.1 is reserved
for. The requirements for a BEEP profile are in section 5.1 of RFC
3080.

Larry