Subject: Re: 9.3 GET-CAPABILITY - CAP-VERSION

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:06:15 -0500

Doug replied:
> 
> >     So you agree, and Bruce agrees, and Andrea agrees, I agree, 
everyone who
> > has expressed an opinion on the subject agrees...
> 
> No - not everyone agreed - please re-read the archives. I changed
> it to what it is now after that debate.

From what Ive read it appears that Andrea, George and I agree and you 
disagree with this.  The rest abstain by their silence or we take the 
iCalendar approach and the rest agree by staying quiet...

> It would be great to get rid of the default values and go back
> to minimumims.

Sounds like we all agree that default values are to be removed.  I dont 
think minimums are necessary.  Instead we should just have each side 
expresslly send values in response.  That way there is no confusion.  What 
good are minimums if there is no way to determine the 'maximums' (whatever 
they may be)?? 

I like Georges proposal: All sides MUST support GET-CAPABILITY and NO 
defaulting of any values!  Anyone else like it?

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Andrea Campi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:05:09 +0100

> defaulting of any values!  Anyone else like it?

Make that: All sides MUST support GET-CAPABILITY, all sides MUST send
it before anything else, NO defaulting of any values.

I like it.

-- 
Andrea Campi                              mailto:[email-masked]
I.NET S.p.A. - BT Ignite                  http://www.inet.it
Technical Dept. - R&D			  phone: +39 02 32863 ext 1
v. Darwin, 85 - I-20019			  fax: +39 02 32863 ext 7705
Settimo Milanese (MI), Italy

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:13:47 -0500

> it before anything else, NO defaulting of any values.

Thats 2 Yes votes so far.  I think George would be a Yes vote but I have 
500+ msgs to check this AM to be sure.  Anyone else?

Bruce