Subject: 1.3 Definitions: Calendar Identifier , Qualified Calendar Identifier & Relative Calendar Identifier

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:36:18 -0500

It seems that some older issues have not been addressed in the submitted 
draft (09-b-3 is now "403). 

In particular there needs to be some clearer guidelines/descriptions when 
defining Calendar Identifier , Qualified Calendar Identifier & Relative 
Calendar Identifier.  The relevant texts are:

   Calendar Identifier (CalID) -  A globally unique identifier
      associated with a calendar.  Calendars reside within a CS.  See
      Qualified Calendar Identifier and Relative Calendar Identifier.
      All CalIDs start with "cap:".

   Qualified Calendar Identifier (Qualified CalID) -  A CalID in which
      both the scheme and csid of the CAP URI are present.

   Relative Calendar Identifier (Relative CalID) -  An identifier for an
      individual calendar in a calendar store.  It MUST BE unique within
      a calendar store.  A Relative CalID consists of the "URL path" of
      the "Common Internet Scheme Syntax" portion of a URL, as defined
      by [URI] and [URLGUIDE].

One concern is that there is no clear format guidlines for a CalID.  There 
are references to the Qualfied CalID and Relative CalID defintions but 
neither clearly defines the format of the CalID (aka CAP URI)!

The Qualified CalID defintion refers to the 'scheme and csid of the CAP 
URI' but "CAP URI" is never used or defined in the draft.  I expect that 
it should be "CalID" but maybe thats just me.  If so then the CalID 
definition needs to be fully described so that all URI subcomponents are 
clearly defined.  The mention of "cap:" under CalID reads like the 
defintion of a URI schema but its not labeled as such.

The Relative CalID defintion uses "URL path" and "Common Internet Scheme 
Syntax" much like Qualified CalID used "scheme and csid".  Its not 
consistant nor is it clear.

Can we please have the full CAP URI format defined under CalID and get the 
other related definitions to consistantly refer to the parts defined under 
CalID?  I didnt propose any explicit text as I didnt want to just assume 
that CAP URI was the same as CalID, just in case...

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...