Subject: 1.3 Definitions: Calendar Policy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:47:31 -0500

Shouldn't components be included in the description of a Calendar Policy? 
That is, should:

   Calendar Policy -  A CAP operational restriction on the access or
      manipulation of a calendar.  These may be outside of the scope of
      the CAP protocol.  An example of an implementation or site policy
      is, "events MUST BE scheduled in unit intervals of one hour".

be changed to:

   Calendar Policy -  A CAP operational restriction on the access or
      manipulation of a calendar or components in that calendar.  These 
      may be outside of the scope of the CAP protocol.  An example of 
      an implementation or site policy is, "events MUST BE scheduled 
      in unit intervals of one hour".

After all a policy could be that only some UPNs can only read from the 
calendar and only special UPNs can read and write to it.  Another example 
is that some UPNs may read and write events but they may not change the 
Calendar Access Rights lists....

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Andrea Campi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:45:42 +0100

> Calendar Access Rights lists....

FWIW, I agree to this change (and the reason given).

Bye,
	Andrea

-- 
Andrea Campi                              mailto:[email-masked]
I.NET S.p.A. - BT Ignite                  http://www.inet.it
Technical Dept. - R&D			  phone: +39 02 32863 ext 1
v. Darwin, 85 - I-20019			  fax: +39 02 32863 ext 7705
Settimo Milanese (MI), Italy