Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: CAP ABNF and external references]]

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:16:23 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
 >
 > Doug noted on 12/04/2002 06:14:26 PM:
 >  >  > ...However your
 >  >  > new p-integer does allow for 0 which is still a non-useful value for
 >  >  > LATENCY.
 >  >
 >  > I agree the zero has no meaning - I'lll fix that.
 >
 > So are you taking the position that NO latency-param means "Never times
 > out"??

No. I am saying I agree that zero has no meaning - I'll fix that.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:50:15 -0500

> No. I am saying I agree that zero has no meaning - I'll fix that.

Then please add some prose to clearly codify the no bounded latency case. 
Its never directly addressed in the text.  A simple line or two along the 
lines of:

  If no LATENCY parameter is supplied the the command is not bounded
  and never expires.

and possibly a blurb about command termination too.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:06:27 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> Then please add some prose to clearly codify the no bounded latency 
> case.  Its never directly addressed in the text.  A simple line or two 
> along the lines of:
> 

> and possibly a blurb about command termination too.

All commands ether return the data you asked for or an error(s).

--