Subject: Re: Is Apple creating invalid iCalendar?

From: Mark Swanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:43:45 -0500

Hello,

 I'm looking at RFC 2445 messages that appear to be created by Apple
 (prodid) and the X- properties appear to be incorrect. RFC 2445 states:

      x-name             = "X-" [vendorid "-"] 1*(ALPHA / DIGIT / "-")
      ; Reservered for experimental use. Not intended for use in
      ; released products.

      vendorid   = 3*(ALPHA / DIGIT)     ;Vendor identification

 This tells me that (if present) the vendorid MUST be at least 3 characters.
 The snippet below shows they are creating X- properties with 2-character
 vendorids.

 Would anyone disagree with this analysis?

 BEGIN:VCALENDAR
 CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
 X-WR-TIMEZONE;VALUE=TEXT:Canada/Eastern
 X-WR-CALDESC;VALUE=TEXT:Tentative schedule as of Nov.13\, 2002
 PRODID:-//Apple Computer\, Inc//iCal 1.0//EN
 X-WR-CALNAME;VALUE=TEXT:Formula 1 2003
 X-WR-RELCALID;VALUE=TEXT:A5DE1AC4-FE55-11D6-8BC3-003065D59122
 VERSION:2.0

-- 
Schedule your world with ScheduleWorld.com
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/