Subject: Re: 10.4 IDENTIFY Command II

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:16:46 -0500

Andrea responded on 11/18/2002 01:33:41 PM:
> The more I think about it, the more I think an explicit BYE command
> would be beneficial.

I concur.  The BEEP dropping of a session is at the transport level.  CAP 
is at the application level so a command _is_ appropriate.  After all, 
there may be CAP commands still in progress when the CUA decides to go 
away.  It should do so first at the application level rather than at the 
transport or network levels.

If the CS has commands its still processing then the BYE command should be 
prevented.  Otherwise a nice clean disconnect can be done and BEEP 
shutdown done, etc.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:39:59 -0700

Sorry about my posts from the calendaring working group.
I mis-configured my mailer - it's fixed now.

-Doug