Subject: Fwd: Broken Mozilla X- properties?

From: Mark Swanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:44:53 -0500

Hello,

The Mozilla website has presented me iCal for holidays that I believe is
broken:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION

 :2.0

PRODID

 :PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.0//EN

BEGIN:VEVENT
UID

 :902705443

SUMMARY

 :Canada Day

CLASS

 :PRIVATE

X
 ;MEMBER=AllDay

 :TRUE

If I read RFC 2445 properly, the X- property MUST contain at least one
character after "X-". Did I read this properly?

The X- properties MUST have 1 or more characters after "X-" :

     x-name             = "X-" [vendorid "-"] 1*(ALPHA / DIGIT / "-")
     ; Reservered for experimental use. Not intended for use in
     ; released products.

     vendorid   = 3*(ALPHA / DIGIT)     ;Vendor identification

-- 
Schedule your world with ScheduleWorld.com
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/

---

From: Gary Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:37:35 -0600

Look at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=129660
 http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=129660#c6

The Mozilla calendar project knows it's wrong, and needs someone to spent the time to fix it. So many interesting projects, 24 hours in the day.

Gary