Subject: vzic Olson->iCalendar timezone converter update

From: Damon Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 15:36:12 +0100

Hi,

I've recently updated the vzic timezone converter and the new version
can be found at:

   http://www.dachaplin.dsl.pipex.com/vzic

(The new version is basically the same version that was used to create
Evolution's timezone files, but tidied up a bit.)

Damon

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:18:36 -0600

THANKS!

I have been looking for that!

I had one, but it belongs to a previous employer of mine and I could not
make the sources public or comment on its implementation. I was just 
about to start
with the zdump PD source and create a new one from scratch.

THANKS!

-- 

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com 
 -------------------------------|-----------------------------
 [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
 http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Damon Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 21:19:01 +0100

You're welcome.

I've just released version 1.1, to fix the problem you found in the
newer tzdata2003d. (They started using times of 24:00 in the files!)

Damon

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:18:35 -0600

If anyone wants to the see the output, I have run this tool and 
converted all
of them to one MEGA .isc file:

    http://INET-Consulting.com/VTIMEZONE.ics

--

---

From: Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:17:17 -0400

Just a question: in the resultant output file, each timezone definition 
seems to be bracketed with BEGIN: VCALENDAR and END: VCALENDAR. Is it also 
legal to drop those and just have a BEGIN:VCALENDAR at the front and an 
END: VCALENDAR at the end, or am I reading RFC2445's description of 
timezones incorrectly?

Tim

At 03:18 PM 10/22/03 -0600, you wrote:

>If anyone wants to the see the output, I have run this tool and converted all

---

From: Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:19:33 -0400

I don't know how one asks the chair to call consenus, but I would like to 
have that happen regarding my proposal of a few weeks ago to have 
calscale-prop be added as a required response to the GET-CAPABILITY 
command, to allow CUAs to determine which CALSCALEs another endpoint supports.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, non-inc.

---

From: Damon Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 2003 18:17:10 +0100

Yes, you can drop the BEGIN/END VCALENDARs, and just leave 1 pair.
That would probably be preferable in a real app.

By the way, I've put another new version, 1.2, up at:
   http://www.dachaplin.dsl.pipex.com/vzic

This has a few more minor changes.

Damon