Subject: Re: When to publish -12 - SCOPING

From: "Preston Stephenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:30:04 -0700

Just for my two bits.
The issue was resolved enough that I didn't need to pursue it further.
As to the ABNF post, it would be nice to have a complete ABNF in one
place.

Thanks.
Preston

>>> [email-masked] 10/31/2003 1:23:09 PM >>>

[email-masked] wrote:

>
> Doug claimed 10/01/2003 06:00:33 PM:
> > I still have no clue what you are talking about when you say 
> 'scoping' that
> > have not been addressed.
>
> Go check the archives for Preston's posting on 04/03/2003 02:36:12 PM

> MST under the subject "How do you get the METHOD property on a 
> SEARCH".   There was a brief WG flurry about it but no actual 
> resolution on it

Now go read the rest of the archives. you will find there was 
a solution sent to the list.

Do you have another proposal?

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com 
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                               |   Cell: (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:11:23 -0700

>As to the ABNF post, it would be nice to have a complete ABNF in one
They tried that with iCal/iTIP in the drafts, but people complained that 
the sections
that defined each component (property...) was incomplete and it was a pain
to go find the ABNF that matched. So they split it up.

And it is not that hard to edit the text document and copy/paste them 
into one working file
for review.

It is nearly impossible to take one big ABNF and copy/paste them back 
into what ever
section the reader thinks they go into.

--