Subject: Restore iTIP Functionality

From: "Craig Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:37:11 -0600

Before CAP-12, it was possible for a CUA to obtain 'UNPROCESSED'
VFREEBUSY components from the Calendar Store.  Now, however, a new
section in CAP-12 explicitly prohibits this (Section 10.12.1, paragraph
4):  
   If a CUA searches for "VFREEBUSY" components with STATE() = 
   'UNPROCESSED', such a CS MUST return a "VREPLY" with no components.

This undermines iTIP functionality for the VFREEBUSY component; it
disallows a CUA from participating in iTIP based free-busy requests and
responses.  It also conflicts with other provisions in CAP that indicate
iTIP is unaffected and fully supported.  We believe this restriction
must be removed to restore iTIP functionality and consistency to CAP.
 
C. Johnson

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:32:19 -0600

I strongly agree with your. It is my understanding the WG wanted it out.

Craig Johnson wrote:

> VFREEBUSY components from the Calendar Store.  Now, however, a 
> new section in CAP-12 explicitly prohibits this (Section 10.12.1, 
> paragraph 4):
>  
> This undermines iTIP functionality for the VFREEBUSY component; 
> it disallows a CUA from participating in iTIP based free-busy requests 
> and responses.  It also conflicts with other provisions in CAP that 
> indicate iTIP is unaffected and fully supported.  We believe this 
> restriction must be removed to restore iTIP functionality and 
> consistency to CAP.
>  
> C. Johnson

-- 

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com 
 -------------------------------|-----------------------------
 [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
 http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                We Do Standards - You Need Standards