Subject: FYI: another CAP

From: Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:31:55 -0500

While researching something at work, I came across another CAP: 
http://www.incident.com/cap/what-why-how.html

This is a Common Alert Protocol for disasters and the like. I don't think 
that they're planning an RFC (or at least I didn't find mention of it), but 
they did submit it to OASIS, which I think is somehow related to XML 
standards. I don't think this is necessarily a problem, I just thought it 
would be good to bring it to the attention of the group.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

---

From: Alan Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:22:32 -0500

CAP is also used for the "Common Aftermarket Protocol":

    http://www.cap-standard.com

From the site:

    "Sending CAP-messages will soon become as easy and uncomplicated as
     sending an email. Guaranteed"
    
    "Wide implementation of the CAP standard will enable many more
     companies to benefit from Internet-based transactions."

    "Gain time, reduce misunderstanding and costs. Use the worldwide
     unique CAP-messages"

--Alan 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tim Hare
> Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:32 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FYI: another CAP
> 
>