Subject: RE: draft-hare-xcalendar-01 has been posted

From: "Cameron Stillion" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:06:30 -0700

I have only one comment really:

It seems premature to create an XML-standard variation of a
schema/format that has not yet reached the coveted approval of
"standard".  Some of the changes suggested by the working group on the
ietf-calsify list will potentially have huge implications on this and
other dependent RFCs.  

Regards,
cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 8:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: draft-hare-xcalendar-01 has been posted

I've revised my draft on using XML with iCal. There are some cleanups,
some corrections, and one major change: the xcal2ics stylesheet in the
draft now wraps the iCalendar lines properly at 75 characters. The link
is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hare-xcalendar-01.txt

If anyone has questions not relevant to this list, feel free to send
them to my e-mail address.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:39:25 -0400

I appreciate the comments - but, I intentionally wrote this draft _not_ to 
re-do the xCalendar work precisely, but as a guideline for using XML with 
iCalendar data. This is not one-to-one, round-trippable with iCalendar - 
the relationship is that IF you want your XML to be "compliant" THEN you 
must supply an XSLT to take your calendar data and create iCalendar 
data.  I wanted to allow for anyone to create xCalendar again, but also to 
include the RDFiCal work that's been done by the W3C folks, etc.  The DTDs 
supplied, even though one came from the previous xCalendar draft, are 
examples only.

Tim Hare