Subject: CAP issue #768: REQUEST-STATUS update

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:02:31 -0700 (PDT)

This issue was filed by [email-masked] (Bruce Kahn).  He made
a suggestion in Feb 2003 about structuring of REQUEST-STATUS codes, some
of which may be reflected in the current CAP draft, but most of which
apparently isn't.  The chairs suggest that if Bruce wants to promote this
approach he recast/resend the proposal (to the list) suggesting proposed
modifications to CAP-13.  In the absence of this, or of comment from
others supporting the suggested changes, the chairs will not recommend any
changes to the CAP spec based on this issue.

 - RL "Bob"

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:31:09 -0400

Bob wrote on 08/03/2004 05:02:31 PM:
> apparently isn't.

Actually this is not correct.  The proposal was posted on 02/23/2003 
12:29:44 PM MST by Doug Royer under the Subject of "CAP REQUEST-STATUS - 
update and proposals".  This was just after the last CAP-10 draft was 
released and before CAP-11.  I was not the original author but I did agree 
(along with WG) that it was a good thing to do.  Unfortunately that never 
happened and so I simply noted this as an incomplete item/issue.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...