Subject: Fwd: beep in calsch-cap-13.txt

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:54:57 -0700

>
>From: David Blacka <[email-masked]>
>
>Ted,
>
>I've done a very quick scan of the document and nothing jumped out 
>at me as being obviously wrong.  That is, it didn't look like BEEP 
>was being used in some impossible way.  I did have a few initial 
>comments, however:
>
>* use of the "locales" attribute in the BEEP greeting to set the CAP 
>locale might not be the best thing.  the "locales" attribute appears 
>to be for localizing BEEP error messages, and so I am unsure how 
>appropriate it would be to re-use it for the CAP protocol itself.  I 
>am mainly unsure if implementations typically export that 
>information.
>
>* the one BEEP example needs work.  For instance, the BEEP frame 
>isn't fully shown, and probably should be.
>
>I can spend a little be more time looking to see if there is 
>something else CAP needs to specify (like the message pattern).  I 
>think it probably does, but I expect 3080 has something specific to 
>say about it.
>
>--
>David

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:33:57 -0600

Ted Hardie wrote:

>> I've done a very quick scan of the document and nothing jumped out at 
>> me as being obviously wrong.  That is, it didn't look like BEEP was 
>> being used in some impossible way.  I did have a few initial 
>> comments, however:
>>
>> am mainly unsure if implementations typically export that information. 
>
That is also its usage in CAP. For status and error messages. So I think 
it is valid to
use them.

>> isn't fully shown, and probably should be. 
Examples?

>> think it probably does, but I expect 3080 has something specific to 
THANKS!

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                               | Cell:   (208)520-4044

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards