Subject: New mailing lists

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:34:23 -0700

Having discussed calendaring work with a bunch of people last week, and 
agreed there was increased interest in both developing CalDAV and in 
taking iCalendar to draft standard, I've taken the liberty of creating 
two separate new mailing lists:

   http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav
   http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

The general intent of people I talked to was attempt to turn CALSIFY 
(CAL plus SImpliFY) into an official WG charted to bring iCalendar to 
draft standard, but not to attempt to bring CalDAV to a working group 
at this point.   Both mailing lists are appropriate for discussion of 
the direction and venue in which to pursue standardization, as well as 
of course for technical discussions.  Volunteers in either area would 
be highly appreciated!

These mailing lists are of course open and intended to be disseminated 
widely, as one of the goals at this point is to increase participation 
and invigorate the work efforts.  So tell your friends!

Lisa