Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] possible VALARM solution?

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:44:42 -0600

[email-masked] wrote:

> It would be desirable for the UI of a CUA to ask you, at import/open 
> time, whether you want to:
>
>         1. Ignore alarms entirely - don't set them.
>         2. Import the alarms using client defaults
>         3. Ask the user what kind of alarm to set, for each one imported
>
> UIs of course, are outside of the scope of the simplification work - 
> but the above 3 choices would work whether we retain the transmission 
> of VALARMs, or we simplify by having a REMINDER=YES/NO 
> parameter/property.

CAP adds a LOCAL and ENABLE objects to VALARM for just that purpose.

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                               | Cell:   (208)520-4044

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards