Subject: Plan to close the working group

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:55:42 -0700

Howdy folks,
	Pat, Bob, Doug, and I have been discussing the best
way to get progress on Calendaring in the IETF.  While it is
very clear that this working group has had its successes, we've
come to the conclusion that the best way forward is to
restart this effort in a BoF format.  Hopefully, that will
focus us on the work to be done in some new ways.  The
official closing message, which will go to the IETF Secretariat
later today is below.
	Thanks to all of you, especially our authors and chairs,
for the work you've put in over the years.  I look forward to
continue working with you in new venues as time goes on.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie

Begin closure message:

The CALSCH working group is responsible for the publication of
RFC 2445, 2446, 2447, 2739, and 3283.  For about the last two
years, it has been working on a specification for a Calendar
Access Protocol.  During the course of that development, issues
with the original calender object formats and questions about
the fundamental interaction model have made progress difficult.
After consultation, the Chairs, document author, and Area Director
believe that the best way forward would be to document the
existing specification as an individual Experimental RFC and
revist the design issues in a BoF format.  As a result the
CALSCH working group has now concluded. The mailing list will
remain open; other related mailing lists are [email-masked]
and [email-masked]. The IESG contact persons are
Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.