Subject: rrule not allowed in vfreebusy?

From: "Mark D. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:14:21 -0700

Why does 4.6.4 of RFC 2445 specify that recurrence properties
are not to be used in vfreebusy?
Seems like a natural use case to me.....

-mda

---

From: Stuart Guthrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:33:21 +1000

I think the point is to allow dumb clients.

If all you have to do is read the FB file and work out a pretty gantt
chart vs implement a whole repeat rule set of logic, working our FB for
a particular date range is a no-brainer.

I find the way this was speced elegant and efficient.

The recurrence is implemented in the main iCal and can flow through to
any FB files required. See JiCal (for example) as a sort of correct
example of this.

HTH

Stu