Subject: " Watch Vonnegut bounce her next to boot camp, then across time to Pentagon PR flacks as they tailor the Jessica Lynch legend.

From: "Ray E. Rolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:41:59 -0300

CDPN Moves To Corners GPS Market In China!

China Datacom Corp.
Sym: CDPN
Close: $0.065

CDPN announced Friday that is has acquired all outstanding shares of
General Link Information Systems, Chinas only GPS vehicle monitoring and
management system. GPS systems are huge; controlling that market is even
bigger. Read the news and get on CDPN first thing Monday!

Earlier in the 21st century I miss an opportunity to meet him when he
speaks at UT.
How he'd cut back to show an Iraqi surgeon picking up a phone to call
Americans and say, "We've dressed the wounds of one Jessica Lynch.
Insights navigation:Previous Index Sections: [ Insights ] Don Williams
comments God Bless You, Mr.
Perhaps he recalls how that war lends a sort of psychic immunity to
Americans dropping record-breaking ordnance on Vietnam and Cambodia in
the sixties and seventies. A friend tells me of his charm and wit, how
he'd recently survived a house fire. Watch him quarrel with book
marketers who classify Sirens of Titan as sci-fi, limiting his exposure
to a broader audience, if only for a while.
I'll devour four more Vonnegut books before I'm 16, and through all the
years I'll see how Vonnegut got so much right.
"   Watch Vonnegut bounce her next to boot camp, then across time to
Pentagon PR flacks as they tailor the Jessica Lynch legend. Watch him
quarrel with book marketers who classify Sirens of Titan as sci-fi,
limiting his exposure to a broader audience, if only for a while.
Just before bouncing out of his corporeal life, maybe he hears death
cries of millions in some future war on Iran. Bouncing around my own
life's hologram it's hard to imagine it without Vonnegut.
Either way, if Vonnegut and Faulkner are right to say the past is always
with us, then young Vonnegut lives.
Perhaps as an old man approaching death in the 21st century, he sees how
such bombings continue to immunize Americans against revulsion to Shock
and Awe visited on Iraq. Just before bouncing out of his corporeal life,
maybe he hears death cries of millions in some future war on Iran.
I thank him tomorrow. See the young reporter-turned-adman stringing
words to push product down the pipeline while honing novels in the 1950s.