Subject: uncle debut

From: Pickett Malcolm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:22:13 -0300

Instead, the discerning enthusiast of politics or geopolitical affairs
can take a daily tour of competing polemics in 'blogs and journal
articles on opinion pages made available online. Another possible
problem with balance is that it's not an easy task to put all points of
view equally.

'There's the breads as well, and I can assure you the out-of-touch PM
doesn't know a sourdough olive loaf from a nine-seed hi-top.

In the first case they are unnecessary and in the second case harmful.
This is not to suggest the importance of powerful individuals and lobby
groups within and without the institutions of Government should be
discounted, or set aside, or unheard.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer has spent the last week in crisis
talks, attempting to overcome the Federal Government's lack of legal
options. All music played on conventional instruments, then recorded.
It's protection , and the potential for its demise a subject of constant
interest.

Instead, the Government is asked to respond to the Opposition's comment,
and both the Opposition and the Government said Israel had a right to
defend its territory against Hezbollah. Instead, the discerning
enthusiast of politics or geopolitical affairs can take a daily tour of
competing polemics in 'blogs and journal articles on opinion pages made
available online. The answer appears to lie in inaccessible fine print
of the sedition bill, or perhaps in the fine print of a future amendment
to it, as yet unimplemented but likely retrospective when enacted.

The fortress 'encourages the mistreatment of the people in times of
peace', with the effect of gradually enraging the citizenry and
providing the powers that be with a false sense of security.

Hockey is rotund, while Gillard is gaunt and towering.

For Hockey, Gillard may be a swan, a delectable morsel, a daunting,
unattainable, delicious and tantalising femme fatale. Keysar Trad, a
spokesman for the mufti, has already pointed out that Australia has
relations with Iran.

'This isn't like Iraq where we could just knock up a dossier proving the
regime has, say, a nuclear weapons program. Perhaps in the circles he
moves Gillard is considered less a powerful politician and more a
scrumptious bit.

Meanwhile, a kind of lip service is maintained to the facade of balance
so essential to a democratic facade of long tradition.

Gillard, in short, resembles nothing so much as a tallish giraffe, while
Joe Hockey is in appearance and intellectual substance more closely
related to the stereotypical and iconic koala.

Hockey has chubby cheeks and a fatuous grin, while Gillard is generally
serious and somewhat severe. Another possible problem with balance is
that it's not an easy task to put all points of view equally. But in any
case, whether the critical point of consolidation is reached and passed
consciously or unconsciously - by accident or design - the outcome is
the same. Isn't that what this is? Meanwhile, a kind of lip service is
maintained to the facade of balance so essential to a democratic facade
of long tradition. ' But Federal Health Minister and Howard confidante
Tony Abbott denies there are ructions in Government circles. In which
case, how can it be said to be seditious to call for support for Iran
within Australia? But there is little doubt that Hockey is by far the
cuter and cuddlier of the two.

Iran has an embassy in Australia, an ambassador, and as Trad suggests,
there is trade between the two nations.

Of course, the truth is, it's all very easy to take a huge, benevolent
corporation like CocaCola-Amatil to task.