Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 4.8.4.4 Recurrence ID: RECURRENCE-ID of an instance might change?

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Sun Nov 5 14:34:40 2006

In section 4.8.4.4 Recurrence ID of RFC 2445 it says:

 > When the definition of the recurrence set for a calendar component
 > changes, and hence the "SEQUENCE" property value changes, the
 > "RECURRENCE-ID" for a given recurrence instance might also change.

How could one possibly correlate the specific recurrence instance
for which the "RECURRENCE-ID" changed?

When the definition of the recurrence set for a calendar component
changes, specific recurrence instances might be added or removed
from the recurrence set.

I propose to remove the text mentioned above.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: TimHare at comcast.net (Tim Hare)
Date: Sun Nov 5 15:16:03 2006

Before making any changes in the SEQUENCE/RECURRENCE-ID area, I would
suggest you thoroughly search the archives (for this WG and for the previous
WG)  for the many lengthy (and sometimes heated) discussions about this very
thing.  Who "owns" those archives? This subject has been so confusing that
it would be worthwhile to collect all of those messages into their own space
somewhere.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bernard
Desruisseaux
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:33 PM
To: Calsify WG
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 4.8.4.4 Recurrence ID: RECURRENCE-ID of an
instance might change?

In section 4.8.4.4 Recurrence ID of RFC 2445 it says:

 > When the definition of the recurrence set for a calendar component  >
changes, and hence the "SEQUENCE" property value changes, the  >
"RECURRENCE-ID" for a given recurrence instance might also change.

How could one possibly correlate the specific recurrence instance for which
the "RECURRENCE-ID" changed?

When the definition of the recurrence set for a calendar component changes,
specific recurrence instances might be added or removed from the recurrence
set.

Cheers,
Bernard
_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Robert_Ransdell at notesdev.ibm.com (Robert Ransdell)
Date: Mon Nov 6 05:35:18 2006

If  I remember correctly from those discussions, the only time the 
RECURRENCE_ID's can change, is when ORGANIZER changes the repeat rule for 
the entire set.  I was part of that long heated discussion, so this will 
be my only response/reminder of what was said.

"Tim Hare" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
11/05/2006 06:16 PM

To
"'Calsify WG'" <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
RE: [Ietf-calsify] Section 4.8.4.4 Recurrence ID: RECURRENCE-ID of an 
instance might change?

Before making any changes in the SEQUENCE/RECURRENCE-ID area, I would
suggest you thoroughly search the archives (for this WG and for the 
previous
WG)  for the many lengthy (and sometimes heated) discussions about this 
very
thing.  Who "owns" those archives? This subject has been so confusing that
it would be worthwhile to collect all of those messages into their own 
space
somewhere.

Tim Hare

-----Original Message-----

How could one possibly correlate the specific recurrence instance for 
which
the "RECURRENCE-ID" changed?

When the definition of the recurrence set for a calendar component 
changes,
specific recurrence instances might be added or removed from the 
recurrence
set.

Cheers,
Bernard

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20061106/068cacf8/attachment.htm