Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Calendar availability specification

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Thu Nov 16 13:45:28 2006

Hi folks,
I would like to draw your attention to:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-calendar-availability-00.txt>

This draft defines a new iCalendar component whose purpose is to convey 
user availability time periods. This differs from VFREEBUSY in that the 
components can specify repeating/recurring periods. So it is useful for 
defining regular "office hours" etc.

In addition to defining the new VAVAILABILITY component and explaining how 
it affects free-busy determination, the spec also describes how CalDAV can 
use these in its own free-busy operations.

Please note that discussion of this draft should take place on the 
ietf-caldav mailing list:

<mailto:[email-masked]>

So please reply there with any comments you might have.

This specification comes from work done in the Calendaring & Scheduling 
Consortium and is being submitted to the IETF for further discussion, 
review and hopefully on to standardization. This draft does have a 
dependency on the Calsify 2445bis work (specifically IANA registration of 
the new component), so it will follow that down standardization path.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo