Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 4.2 Property Parameters: ianaparam

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Sun Nov 5 14:30:39 2006

Section 4.2 Property Parameters of RFC 2445 defines a "ianaparam"
rule in its ABNF, but while all the properties allow "xparam",
none of them currently allow "ianaparam".

Shouldn't all properties allow "ianaparam"? That is, parameters
*not* defined in this specification, but registered to IANA.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Mon Nov 6 07:05:58 2006

Hi Bernard,

> *not* defined in this specification, but registered to IANA.

Suggestion: use 'other-param' here and then define:

other-param = *(iana-param / x-param)

That will make the ABNF a little shorter.

You might also want to do the same for iana-prop/x-prop.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo