Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 4.8.2.5 Duration: VFREEBUSY request

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Sun Nov 5 14:36:40 2006

In section 4.8.2.5 Duration of RFC 2445 it says:

 > In a "VFREEBUSY" calendar component the property may be
 > used to specify the interval of free time being requested.

Yet, section 3.3.2 REQUEST of RFC 2446 (iTIP) specifies that
the DURATION property is not allowed in a VFREEBUSY request.

I see three options:

a) Remove statement from iCalendar to be in sync with iTIP;

b) Change iTIP to allow the DURATION property in a VFREEBUSY
    request and define the semantic as specified in iCalendar.

c) Status quo.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Mon Nov 6 07:25:48 2006

Hi Bernard,

>     request and define the semantic as specified in iCalendar.

We should rule out (c) as it represents an inconsistency between the two 
specs. Note that 2445 does not clearly define what it means to have 
DURATION present. e.g. is it allowed for the responder to only return free 
times slots that are equal to or larger than the DURATION, or should they 
still return the full list? If we can clearly specify the behavior then I 
think (b) is reasonable, otherwise we have to do (a).

-- 
Cyrus Daboo