Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Section 6 Recommended Practices #4: Precedence of duration of RDATE

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Sun Nov 5 14:36:44 2006

In section 6 Recommended Practices of RFC 2445 it says:

 > 4.  When the combination of the "RRULE" and "RDATE" properties on an
 >     iCalendar object produces multiple instances having the same
 >     start date/time, they should be collapsed to, and considered as,
 >     a single instance.

We should probably clarify that if the "RDATE" property is specified as
a PERIOD, its duration has precedence over the duration of the recurrence
instance defined by the "DTSTART" property.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Mon Nov 6 07:18:01 2006

Hi Bernard,

> instance defined by the "DTSTART" property.

+1

-- 
Cyrus Daboo