Subject: [Ietf-calsify] VFREEBUSY REPLY's UID

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:13:09 -0800

Hi folks,
In 2446 right now, when a VFREEBUSY REQUEST is responded to, the value for 
the UID in the REPLY is not required to match the UID of REQUEST. Whereas 
for VEVENTs, VTODOs, VJOURNALs the UID in the REPLY must match the UID in 
the REQUEST.

So, should the UID in the VFREEBUSY REPLY match that in the REQUEST? i.e. 
is there a need to correlate the reply with the request?

Given that with iMIP there is no guarantee of processing order for 
scheduling messages isn't it important to be able to match up VFREEBUSY 
requests and replies?

Proposal: change 2446 to require that the UID in a VFREEBUSY REPLY matches 
the UID in the REQUEST that caused the reply.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:52 -0500

Are there implementations which do _not_ create VFREEBUSY in response to a
request, but rather maintain it separately? Those might just mail back a
copy of the (supposedly current) VFREEBUSY data for that entity, which would
already have a UID when the VFREEBUSY was created. 

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cyrus Daboo
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 1:13 PM
To: ietf-calsify
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] VFREEBUSY REPLY's UID

Hi folks,

--
Cyrus Daboo