Subject: [Ietf-calsify] \t disallowed in "text" value type but allowed in root "value" type

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:46:07 -0000

Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly, but I think the grammer says that \t
(0x09) isn't allowed in a text value:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-08#section-3.3.11
        text       = *(TSAFE-CHAR / ":" / DQUOTE / ESCAPED-CHAR)
           ; Folded according to description above

        ESCAPED-CHAR = ("\\" / "\;" / "\," / "\N" / "\n")
           ; \\ encodes \, \N or \n encodes newline
           ; \; encodes ;, \, encodes ,

        TSAFE-CHAR = %x20-21 / %x23-2B / %x2D-39 / %x3C-5B /
                     %x5D-7E / NON-US-ASCII
           ; Any character except CTLs not needed by the current
           ; character set, DQUOTE, ";", ":", "\", ","Was this a mistake, or
a deliberate choice?  It seem especially wierd given that \t is allowed in a
"value", and I thought the whole intention of the "text" value type was to
allow more characters to be in a value than what "value" allowed.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-08#section-3.1
      contentline   = name *(";" param ) ":" value CRLF      value         =
*VALUE-CHAR

      VALUE-CHAR    = WSP / %x21-7E / NON-US-ASCII
      ; Any textual characterI think it is a mistake, one that might be easy
to rectify should there be a V09?Nigel
_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify