Subject: RE: [Ietf-calsify] Why no empty calendar?

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:04:51 -0400

Hi Tim,

--On July 8, 2008 4:53:42 PM -0400 Tim Hare <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What's the use case for publishing an empty calendar?
>
> Why would I want to open that file, assuming I found it using some sort of
> calendar search?

I create a new calendar on my web calendar system that exposes the calendar 
data as an .ics file (e.g. webcal://).

I can send out the subscription URL before events are added (perhaps I am 
not the one who will add events, I might be the system admin and only 
tasked with creating calendars for other people who will author them).

You want that file because at some point it will have events in it and your 
client will poll and pick those up.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify