Subject: [ietf-calsify] Issue RK-5 in rfc2445bis-08 [Was: [Ietf-calsify] Review of rfc2447bis-05]

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:00:43 -0400

Hi Reinhold,

http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/Computing/Review_RFC2446bis_2008-09.html#id38

 > Issues in rfc2445bis-08:
 >
 > 5. Sec. "3.8.4.7. Unique Identifier" (p.120f): As detailled in issue
 > * above, it should be clarified how spaces in a UID property value
 > should be handled. In particular, are they allowed at all? Are
 > leading or trailing spaces to be ignored when looking for or
 > comparing UIDs?

BTW, the recommended syntax of the "UID" property was previously 
discussed on the list, though from a different angle:

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/2007-February/001549.html

If we are to discourage the use of specific characters perhaps '/', '?' 
and '&' should be added to the list since some CalDAV clients are using 
the UID value as the name of the calendar object resource. Limiting 
ourselves to US-ASCII would also help avoid issues.

Can you propose a textual change?

Cheers,
Bernard

_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify