Subject: Re: [ietf-calsify] Issue RK-1 in rfc2445bis-08 (related to issue 37) [Was: IETF Review of the RFC 2446bis-07 (iTIP) draft]

From: Reinhold Kainhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:43:52 +0200

Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2008 schrieb Tim Hare:
> In what use case during scheduling is the start of the event being
> scheduled not relevant and not necessary?

When sending a REFRESH or DECLINECOUNTER message, it contains a VEVENT with 
only the UID, but no specific further information (after all, you ask the 
organizer for the latest version, so you don't have to send any of your 
outdated information, including DTSTART).

Cheers,
Reinhold

- -- 
- ------------------------------------------------------------------
Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
email: [email-masked], http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien, http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer maintainer
 * Chorvereinigung "Jung-Wien", http://www.jung-wien.at/
_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:11:11 -0400

Hi Reinhold,

--On October 17, 2008 1:43:52 AM +0200 Reinhold Kainhofer 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> When sending a REFRESH or DECLINECOUNTER message, it contains a VEVENT
> with  only the UID, but no specific further information (after all, you
> ask the  organizer for the latest version, so you don't have to send any
> of your  outdated information, including DTSTART).

Also CANCEL - all that is needed to cancel a meeting is the 
UID/RECURRENCE-ID.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo