Subject: [calsify] jscalendar - vendor specific extensions

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 14:45:54 -0400

We have:

3.2.  Vendor-specific Property Extensions and Values

    Vendors MAY add additional properties to the calendar object to
    support their custom features.  The names of these properties MUST be
    prefixed with a domain name controlled by the vendor to avoid
    conflict, e.g., "example.com/customprop".

    Some JSCalendar properties allow vendor-specific value extensions.
    Such vendor-specific values MUST be prefixed with a domain name
    controlled by the vendor, e.g., "example.com/customrel".

    Vendors are strongly encouraged to register any new property values
    or extensions that are useful to other systems as well, rather than
    use a vendor-specific prefix.

Should that last paragraph say more? Would anybody be able to register 
an extension that doesn't have an associated RFC?

---

From: "Neil Jenkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 19:35:01 +1000

On Tue, 19 May 2020, at 04:45, Michael Douglass wrote:
> Should that last paragraph say more? Would anybody be able to register an extension that doesn't have an associated RFC?

I think this is all covered in the IANA section. Short answer: no, you don't need a full RFC, just sufficient permanent documentation for interoperability.

Neil.