Subject: [calsify] jscalendar and URL

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:18:11 -0400

Still trying to resolve this:

The current suggestion is to express it as a link which is fine but it's 
a heavily used property in public events - for example it may point to 
an exhibition web site.

The problem I have is how to determine which out of a possible multitude 
of links is the one used to (re)represent the event.

May I suggest we add a linkids property to the task/event objects. This 
makes for a reasonably reversible mapping.

---

From: "Robert Stepanek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:57:40 +0200

Hi Mike,

> of links is the one used to (re)represent the event.

Wouldn't the "describedby" rel be enough for that in the Link object?

> makes for a reasonably reversible mapping.

You mean as a top-level property? If it is multi-valued, how would that help to determine which one of these add to URL? Also: would that be a subset of the ids found in the links property? On which basis?

Cheers,
Robert

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:39:13 -0400

> Wouldn't the "describedby" rel be enough for that in the Link object?

As long as we don't have another link with "describedBy" rel I guess it 
might.

I'm trying to resolve what happens when a client receives a jscalendar 
object and they want to display what would currently be in the icalendar 
url.

> You mean as a top-level property? If it is multi-valued, how would 
> that help to determine which one of these add to URL?

It doesn't altogether I agree. However - for an event converted from 
icalendar with a URL property there would only be one.

Otherwise the use of the rel would perhaps provide an idea for a 
suitable candidate.

> Also: would that be a subset of the ids found in the links property? 
> On which basis?
Isn't that what the linkids properties are in location and participant? 
The idea is to KNOW which of the links are related to the event/task 
object rather than having to try to guess.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert
>
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify